• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my CUCV

biggaloot

Well finally got my CUCV, a 85 M1008, 53k miles, great mechanical shape. My first diesel, but second MV. Starts and runs/drives great. Not planning anything radical. First is starter relay mod, tilt steering column(need driver clearance;)) then 37" hummer rubber and small lift up front, camo paint, winch, front drop in locker, and "egad" AC later on. I'll be selling my 715 to thin the herd, won't be easy but was fun to build and drive for a few years. Seems like I'm always moving on to new projects.
Have learned ALOT here reading posts and build threads. Thanks you guys for sharing all your experience. I've operated and maintained farm diesel equipment early on in life and wrenched/built things from bikes to trucks. 30 year machinist(conv. and CNC) so shouldn't have too much I can't deal with hopefully. I'll post more as things progress.
Well till later yall have a good week, Ed J. in KS

P.S. The vendor for my truck is great to deal with from eastern KS.

Attachments

Last edited:

biggaloot

Yeah, forgot to mention. probably a flat bed unless I can find a decent original close by. Also price was $2600 delivered, not bad I think.

biggaloot

Yes,that's the guy, like I said he is easy to deal with, maybe "Vendor" wasn't the correct word to describe him but he's been handling cucvs for 10 yrs or so.

biggaloot

Since a couple of members expressed an interest in the gentleman I bought my truck from I contacted him and I can share his contact info if someone wants to talk with him, just pm me and I'll send it to ya. I suggested he join here also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks