• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my EUC pickup info needed

heavychevy

Its official got the EUC clearance, going to pick up my M35A2 on Thursday. I have read on other posts about guys driving their trucks home. I was wondering about what needs to be done as far as temporary registration and insurance. Any and all information is appreciated. Sorry no pics as of yet will have some soon.

jwaller

you must contact your local tag office for such a request. and being that your in cali, good luck. your insurance usually covers you on a new purchase for the first 30 days but something in writing is always good.

what do you know about this truck you are going to get?
did you screen it? is it ready to drive? if not have you got all your parts? have you driven one of these before?
please do your homework before you just jump out on the road with one of these very old trucks in unknown condition.

heavychevy

I have owned a deuce before, wish I never sold it. It was ugly as sin, but mechanically it was in excellent condition. The one I just got I was unable to preview, the only info I know about it is from pictures and what one of the guys told me. As far as the driver license issue goes, all I have is a regular class C. Legally I am not sure if I can drive a deuce with my license, I have heard the issue argued both ways. I would prefer to trailer it home since the pickup location does not allow you to work on the vehicles. My brother has a semi and has offered to trailer it home, unfortunately I have not been able to find a trailer that would work. I could put it on a flat bed lowboy, but I don’t have any ramps to use. Unless I can find ramps or figure out a way to get it on the trailer, looks like I will be driving it home. If I do end up taking a trailer, half will remain empty if any has anything they need picked up from Barstow, let me know and we can work something out.