• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my first deuce today....

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to london, ohio, and bought a deuce from Roger. I orginally went there yesterday to look at a tool of his, and ended up buying a truck. Drove it home today, was putting out some black smoke for about 25 miles, and then the turbo kicked in and away we went! About 100 mile drive, and not even a hiccup once she got warmed up. Temp was about 190, oil was 55, good voltage. Ran it about 50 mph, and 2200-2300 rpm. The turbo whistles like crazy! I love the open exhaust, was suprised at how much power it had. Most gradual hills I climbed with no problem, had to downshift for a few.

Lets see, some specs... 1968 Keiser jeep, M35a2, whistler turbo, manifold heater, winch, hard top, cab heat, troop seats, new rear cover(unfortunaly not canvas), and air shift front axle.

Roger changed the fluid in the axles, transmission, transfer case, and radiator right before I picked it up. He had put fresh oil in when he got it. I put a gallon of diesel supplement in it, drained the fuel filters, drained the air tanks, and away I went!

The truck is in pretty good shape, paint is faded some, and a couple of small rust holes in the side of the bed. Cab, fenders, and underneath is rust free. The parking brake is not working, and winch handle needs freed up, pretty minor stuff.

Overall I am very happy with the truck, It has everything I wanted, and it is unmodified. I paid a little more than I wanted to, but with the condition of the truck, and the parts service Roger provides, it more than makes up for it.
Dennis

Dang, now I need to modify my sig line again....

Last edited:

fredrader

Congratulations on your new toy..Do you have any contact info for the place you picked it up in london oh ? I am supposed to pick up a 70 M35A2 this weekend for $3000 and I need a J pipe and some parts to make the parking brake work..London is about 70mi from me..Thanks

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He told me he only sells parts to people that have bought trucks from him.
Dennis

Last edited:

bomar76

fred rader said:
Congratulations on your new toy..Do you have any contact info for the place you picked it up in london oh ? I am supposed to pick up a 70 M35A2 this weekend for $3000 and I need a J pipe and some parts to make the parking brake work..London is about 70mi from me..Thanks
He has no J pipes and I bought the last OEM one Saturn had.

Saturn had Stainless Steel J pipes.

Memphis had J pipes for $186.00 + shipping (I was quoted about $20 to Ohio)

M1075

Stretch-

Now that is what I call impulse shopping! You got a mean looking deuce. I always like them with winches and hard tops.

I'm glad I didn't go with you. I would have been drooling over the two M911 in the background of your first pic. Do you have any idea on what Roger has in those or what he would sell one for? The hood looks higher than the cab on your duece. Those babies are huge!

bomar76

The Osh Kosh's in the background are sold.
He put them up on ebay awhile back and they are awaiting some title issues.

They are awesome trucks!!!!!!

bomar76

fred rader said:
Thanks guy's..I still want contact info so I can go up and check it out and see what all he has..Thanks again,Fred
Roger's # 937-429-7758

location: Intersection of US RT 40 and 42, less than 1 mile south of interstate 70. His lot is on the NE corner. Look for a sh!tload of trucks and that's it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks