• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my first MV a M762 with a welder

rockinobsidian

Picked up my first MV today at Barstow. Its what appears to be an m762 that had a milller250 arc welder put on it. If the welder works it was a total steal and if not the trailer is in ok condition...lots of peeling paint and minor surface rust that happens after 40 years but the parking brake still worked;-). I didn't think GL still had these old trailers. Now if my EUC will clear I can pick up my M116A3.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I get some detailed pics of the fenders of that trailer? I am converting a M416 into a M762, and need to know how to make the fenders a bit more stable since they can no longer be bolted to a missing body tub.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice! I've been looking for a portable welder myself.

This is how it starts... My first MV was a m101 trailer.

Welcome to the sickness. SS is like AA for army trucks, except we pass the bottle around at our meetings!!! :-D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to mention, does anyone happen to have a manual for the -762? I looked on LOGSA and apparently one doesn't exist.

rockinobsidian

Thanks a deuce is definitely on my list just have to wait for some more $ and a place to put it:-D
Maddawg308-- I can definitely take some more detailed pics I'm away from my house for a bit but will try to put them up sometime on Monday just let me know if you need any other areas photoed

rockinobsidian

maddawg308 here are some detailed pictures of the m762 fenders. There is 1/8 inch sheet metal welded on the exterior of either end of the fenders and bolted to the frame rails don't know if thats is the same as the m416 and there is 1/8 sheet that encloses the inner fender wall that is welded to the fender and then bolted to the frame rails. Also some tabs are welded to the fender and then bolted to the frame. Hope the pics help if you need anything else let me know.

Attachments

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are cool little trailers. They must have mounted a ton of different equipment on them.

Not to mention, does anyone happen to have a manual for the -762? I looked on LOGSA and apparently one doesn't exist.

My M762 trailer data tag shows the M416 TM for it. I guess the only real difference is the tub.

Last edited: