• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my HET today!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Late 98 model. 4100 mi.
Runs and drives great. Now to figure out transmission swap for more speed!
View attachment 826595
Wow! Very nice. If you have a chance, whip out the phone and squeeze off a few pix for a walk-around to add to your post. Maybe even a few of the interior would be cool to have too. That would establish "where it started" and as you fix things and personalize it, you will have a baseline later.

If you happen to need a long road trip, North Carolina would make a fine expedition!
Yes, I would be thrilled to go for a ride :cool:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Late 98 model. 4100 mi.
Runs and drives great. Now to figure out transmission swap for more speed!
View attachment 826595
I am going with an RTOO14613. It's a triple OD 13spd. .83 .74 .60

Only issue is the dog house in the HET.

Other issue is the hydraulic pump shaft. It's a massive 3 stage pump. Not something that will hook to a bottomside pto

Last edited:

Mustangsud

Wow! Very nice. If you have a chance, whip out the phone and squeeze off a few pix for a walk-around to add to your post. Maybe even a few of the interior would be cool to have too. That would establish "where it started" and as you fix things and personalize it, you will have a baseline later.

If you happen to need a long road trip, North Carolina would make a fine expedition!
Yes, I would be thrilled to go for a ride :cool:
I'll actually be making a bunch of trips to NC as my son is headed to UNC Charlotte to play football. However, I don't think the wife would like riding in this thing for the three days it would take to get there!:LOL:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll actually be making a bunch of trips to NC as my son is headed to UNC Charlotte to play football. However, I don't think the wife would like riding in this thing for the three days it would take to get there!:LOL:
Neat!! Congratulations on your son being selected for the UNCC football team! It is a heck of a good school and has been steadily growing for a lot of years. My grandmother was the English Department Chair back in the 1960's (I think). There is a "light rail" here in Charlotte that has a station on the edge of campus and it travels to the center of town and beyond. Makes it easy to get around the first few years - when first and second year students can't have cars on campus. There are LOTS of off-campus housing on the rail line with most of them having been built in the last few years.

I understand that a three day trip - wait a minute - wasn't there a three hour (day) tour and a boat and a guy named Gilligan?

Yessir, I think you are right. Three days might be pushing it with your wife riding shotgun. Still, the offer has to stand :cool: just in case!

Tim

Last edited:

Mustangsud

Neat!! Congratulations on your son being selected for the UNCC football team! It is a heck of a good school and has been steadily growing for a lot of years. My grandmother was the English Department Chair back in the 1960's (I think). There is a "light rail" here in Charlotte that has a station on the edge of campus and it travels to the center of town and beyond. Makes it easy to get around the first few years - when first and second year students can't have cars on campus. There are LOTS of off-campus housing on the rail line with most of them having been built in the last few years.

I understand that a three day trip - wait a minute - wasn't there a three hour (day) tour and a boat and a guy named Gilligan?

Yessir, I think you are right. Three days might be pushing it with your wife riding shotgun. Still, the offer has to stand :cool: just in case!

Tim
We already have our reservations for the new campus Marriott hotel!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We already have our reservations for the new campus Marriott hotel!
Yeah! Good Deal.

There is a decent BBQ restaurant (even measured against a Texas standard) up Highway 49 roughly two miles away from school toward town.
The brisket can be eaten without slathering it with sauce and the Mac & Cheese is pretty unbelieveble! City Barbecue off JM Keynes Boulevard.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Tim
The back seat of a HET is built to carry four tank crew members, so there should be plenty of space for his wife to stretch out and get some beauty rest on the trip. There is also the matter of excess width permits for each state he is driving through, which is probably more of a barrier to long trips.

Mustangsud

The back seat of a HET is built to carry four tank crew members, so there should be plenty of space for his wife to stretch out and get some beauty rest on the trip. There is also the matter of excess width permits for each state he is driving through, which is probably more of a barrier to long trips.
Fortunately, most of our driving will be in Texas, where the 102" width of the HET does not require a special permit. :grin:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Everywhere in North America 102in is legal limit. This is also on NN roads.. This does not include mirrors

Hawaii has a 108in max width unless posted
Neat! Thanks for the info simp5782 .
I still don't need one but it sure would be nice to have...

At least with that 102 inch legal limit - I will be able to drive one without buying over-width Permits.
Guessing the fuel cost to drive a HETT would be costly enough :-(

Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks