• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got My M818 Home

buzzinhalfdozzen

Picked this up in eastern WV Saturday. Did Ok crossing the Appalachians but it's definitely getting a turbo soon. The only thing I didn't like was the big jump from 3rd to 4th gear. Not a great setup for the hills around here.

Took it to a car show that benefited wounded warriors that Sunday, ended up getting best in show. Didn't even wash it yet :razz:. I was the only MV. Guessing around 100 cars showed up for the great cause.

Attachments

midcounty

Good looking truck! I know what you are talking about on the hills. Try driving those same hills with a 15k lb trailer behind it. Brought mine from central Ohio to the eastern shore of MD with a M871 trailer behind it. Many hills were 30 mph going up. I definitely see a turbo and possibly larger tires in the future.

buzzinhalfdozzen

I have 4 xzls now, just need to find 2 or 3 more and 6 hemmit wheels. Anyone have the part numbers for longer front wheel studs? There's a couple cummins motors being parted out around here. Prob start turbo shopping this weekend. I'd like to put another air box on the pass fender too, just to make sure its getting enough air, think it would look better also. So I'll be hunting parts for a while but it will be worth it when its done.

Last edited:

buzzinhalfdozzen

Put it this way... I'll never own a 2.5 ton again.
Going up 2 or 3 mile hills at 20 or 25 mph gets pretty boring. If I didn't live on the foothills of the appalacians it would be a different story. Power steering makes parking lots 10 times easier. Only thing I miss about my deuce is the great shifting tranny.

If you put an m818 in your driveway, I don't think you'll miss your m35a2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks