• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my SF97's, they are so wrong.

Blythewoodjoe

I have quite a tale to tell, but I'm sure I'm going to tell it all. What I wanted to get some opinions on here is what I should do with these worthless sf97's I just got from GL.

Here's the short story. My trucks (four of them) came from here in Columbia. It took over 2 months for the EUC to clear. I complained to a state agency about GL not selling vehicles in a legal manner and GL became very pleasant to work with. My sf97's arrived in an overnight package at no expence to me.

Problem. Only one truck had the year and manufactor on the truck. One of the others is a 1953 Reo. I have not researched the other two. The sf97 for the one with the info on the truck came with that info on it. The other 3 all came as 1985 AM Generals. In fact I didn't get a GL sf97, they are all DLA sf97's made out to GL with a bill of sale to me. That is how they used to do it years ago. The last several I have received have been from GL to me. I did not request these sf97's. All I requested from GL was the info I needed to fill out a request form, things like the year and make. I complained to the state agency about not getting a title with my truck (as SC state law requires).

Anyway, here's the question. Should I try to get my DMV to put the right info on my new titles or should I just title them as 85 AM generals? It's very likely the DMV will not change any of this, but if I could convince them, is it worth the trouble? Am I obligated to try and get it right? I do have to sign a line on the DMV form that states as far as I know all the info is correct.

:lost:

flyxpl

If you go with 1985 would that take you out of the antiuqe plate catagory ? It may not hurt to at least try to see if the dmv will put the correct info on the new tittles . with the vin # some the of the guys on SS could prbally tell you the year of your trucks

Blythewoodjoe

Finding out the info on here is easy. Getting the DMV to believe we know what we are talking about is a whole nother story. I am concerned about EPA stuff with 85 model trucks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Request correct titles, if that is what your state requires. We need to make GL follow state laws, not their own protocol.

flyxpl

My experience with DMV . First two trucks the lady was verynice and thier to help me . She changed anything I asked her too . At first I was not even going to ask , but after seeing the good mood she was in I decided to " OPEN UP THAT CAN OF WORMS " no problem things went smoothly . A month later I tried to get tittle for a 1996 M35A3 . Because it was newer the guy said it did not have enough digits in the vin. He brought it to the supervisers attention and somebody decided that IL does not title those trucks for on road use . They were only going to issue me an OFF ROAD USE ONLY title , I said no thanks and left . The next day I went to the dmv 8 miles away and got my title and licsense for the A3 .You can give it a try or you can wait who knows how long to get GL to fix it .

Blythewoodjoe

I don't think GL could fix this if I asked. The Sf97 came from the DLA this way. I had actually planned to "request" a SF97 through GL and pay the money but GL did this with out my asking them to. I think they did this in hopes that my case with my state agency would resolve. I can't complain too much, once the agency contacted them they did everything I asked them to do, and more.

Is GL still issuing SF97's strait to us the end users? Should I scan one of these and post it up or do you guys know what I'm saying? I tend to confuse people when I type.

wikallen

I had GL send me a notarized letter to give to the DMV on corrections on the title. Contact GL and request the same and you should be fine.

Flyingvan911

I just got the plate for my deuce yesterday. I had an Arizona title and things went smooth. There were a few time the lady didn't know quite what to do but she had a great attitude and percevered. I agree. Press GL for the correct information.

ranchhopper

I just had a SF-97 from the GSA that was the wrong year wrong cylinder count and had two VIN numbers wrong. I called the office that issues the paper work and explained the situation two days a correct SF-97 arrived here.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you may have saved $240 in GL titling fees, but now you have a headache. When you use the GL SF97 program, YOU get to tell GL what to put on the SF97 so there is no one to blame but yourself if you get it wrong. I would just use the online SF97 application and get the correct info on your SF97. The $60 fee is just part of the game.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks