• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my truck stuck again...

just_enough

ha ha i posted some pictures a couple weeks ago showing my deuce pulling out a buddys truck well i tried the whole tonight and did not make it....we tried 2 pick ups pulling but obviously that didnt work so we got my buddy volvo loader and a tug boat rope out and snapped her right out!! i'll get pics up asap!!:smile:

FUSIONWELDING

these trucks should of came with some sort of locker , a 6x6 truck is useless if it cant get through most of the stuff a jeep could the reason i say is because my truck is going to be used for off road recovery and i can totally see this happening lucky enough i have a winch and a crane to get it out either way but still ???/:?::roll:

M1075

these trucks should of came with some sort of locker , a 6x6 truck is useless if it cant get through most of the stuff a jeep could the reason i say is because my truck is going to be used for off road recovery and i can totally see this happening lucky enough i have a winch and a crane to get it out either way but still ???/:?::roll:
Unfortunately, these trucks weren't designed for YOUR mission, they were designed for the Service. They operate a little differently and have different requirements than you do. I wouldn't call them "useless". With that said, some did come with lockers and you can certainly add them for your use. I would advise upgrading your tires as well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And a Jeep can't get through any of the stuff a deuce could with 5000# in the back. With that said, the limited capacity of a Jeep tends to make it useless. As was previously stated, you can add lockers and make your truck be "All that it can be".

BugEyeBear

Jeeps have a purpose & they do it pretty well.

Same goes for Deuces.

They BOTH do what they were designed to do.
& they BOTH can be easily modified to do more.
(Just requires DEEP POCKETS for some mods & add-ons!!)

FUSIONWELDING

im just saying, they were made for bolth road and off and when it comes to off road weather your going through the jungle or the desert hills without a locker whey really need to be limited slip or a locker , not like i was saying they are junk....... i love my truck dont get me wrong i bought it rotted with a gas drive train brought it down to the rolling chassis and replaced everything cab engine etc if all your doing is useing it to drive the roads thats cool

just_enough

i was asking to get stuck it was completely for sat night fun.. i grew up on a farm with quads tractors and trucks, there was a way around the whole and i knew i had a way out if i got stuck so i went for it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks