• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my Winch on!

number9

Did you already have the winch or buy it? From prices I've seen on them one would almost be better off buying another winch truck and using everything but the winch for spare parts. Are these things always priced as much as a truck?

debo75

Do all M35a2's have PTO take-offs? I talked to someone at Boyce Equipment, and they said I was better off buying a winch truck, rather than trying to retrofit one.

ida34

i believe w/o winch trucks don't come with the p-t-o box on t-case mine doesn't...
Actually the PTO for the normal winch deuce goes on the transmission not the Transfer Case. There is also a front rear PTO that goes on the transmission also and a very rare rear facing Transfer Case PTO. None winch trucks do not come with the PTO.

rockman

I bought a parts truck and used the winch off of it. Took a couple weekends by myself. Sold most of the parts remaining and covered my expenses. check GSA for one.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pete was right we were "Lost" but it was a good thing that we had my deuce W/W to help... That is to say to look at for reference... By the way the P.T.O. bolts up to the side
of the transmission. Remove the bolts and side cover plate, install 6 studs, gasket, P.T.O
and secure with nuts. I was amazed at how well this add on went...

By the way Pete didn't mention that we changed his Turbo to a whistler last week...

Air assist steering??? Pete you're on your own on this one...
You did shim the PTO didn't you? If you just added a gasket and bolted it on I'd check it before I ran the truck much.