• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got One! Questions now

rikkitikkitavi

Well after 497mi return trip I have the M1009 in the driveway. Made the trip from Columbus OH to Chicago and back in a day! Drove her all the way back, only issue is one hub is allowing the front shafts to rotate all the time. Vehicle has 53k on the clock and was getting 23+MPG!

So now the questions, what is the most economical/durable sound deadening material to add to the floor and roof? I dont mind the noise but the kids will be deaf.

Has anyone run BFG All terrains on their CUCV and what size do you recommend (I am not going to lift it)

tHANKS

Rikki

bevanet

Congrats on the trip! Another post says he has 33 x 12.50 - 16s with no lift. My blazer has a 2.5" lift with 33 x 12.50 - 15s, but they seemed to rub before the lift kit.

Iceman3005

Congrats on the trip! Another post says he has 33 x 12.50 - 16s with no lift. My blazer has a 2.5" lift with 33 x 12.50 - 15s, but they seemed to rub before the lift kit.

Ya that was me "tires", I think the blazer sits a little lower. I have 31x8x15 on my civi K-5 looks like 33's would hit. My 33's are wrangler A/T very quit, my last set lasted 80,000 mi (different truck) very aggresive tread for an A/T, have had good success with them in mud and snow.

WARWAG

nopics:cookoo: You think you can tell us you picked up a new M1009 and not show us the proof.....:wink: Pics man PICS!

As far as cheap sound deadoning. Good luck. spend some extra coin and get some high quality stuff like Dynamat ect ect. A stock firewall insulating pad would be a great place to start. The only way to really quiet it down is if you went full on Civilian sound deadoning and carpet as well as a ceiling liner. I would reccomend hurculiner the floor and firewall. Dynamat evrthing you can especially inside the doors and tailgate. as well as the fender wells out back ect ect. I think if you did that plus add the civilian firewall insulator that you would be a very happy camper. On my truck I just replaced the passenger side vent window lock so now she seals. That was about 89% of my cab noise and man was it LOUD! It actually hurt so I know the kids were not happy with it. Other than that I havent done much else and we LOVE the truck! Good luck and keep us posted!

Barrman

33 x 12.50-16 BFG a/t's fit mine with stock rims, no lift and no rubbing. Others have had slight rubbing at the rear lip of the front fenders at full turn. Kind of depends on your springs and bushings.

The noise you speak of. Is it engine at speed, engine at idle, road noise, what?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sound Deadener Products FatMat Dynamat Xtreme Alternative

This is a fairly inexpensive solution instead of the 'other' more expensive sound deadener. The price has started to rise (it is a petroleum based product as is Dynamat).

I wouldn't put in on the roof (I wouldn't put Dynamat on the roof either).

Put it down on the floor. Make sure the floor is solid with no rust and has AT LEAST a good coat of primer down - if you want, consider a good bedliner material down next OR NOT.

Put the fatmat down on the floor, the firewall, inside the doors, and up under the hood. Put a hood insulator up under the hood (you can get one from LMC Trucks) after you put fatmat down.

INSIDE the truck, on the floor add at least one layer of JUTE that can be gotten from several sources (JC Whitney, LMC Trucks, local carpet store, etc).

Finally is a rubber floor mat. Again, several places have them for the Blazer.

Hope that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks