• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got Snow?

midcounty

Looks like the shore got the most this time. I was talking to a friend in Lewes De. and around 16:00 today he had about a foot over there. I would think not having wipers would make for an interesting drive. I think I will invest in a heater for the cab this year. Back in February when I was running around the inside of the windshield kept icing up and soldier "B", the wife, had to keep scraping while I drove. Kinda looked like the keystone cops going down the road.
I have the heater end covered. It works rather well, to my suprise. Let it warm for a while before heading out, and you are good to go. I have a set of air wipers for my truck, but it was originally equipped with electric wipers, and I have been holding out hoping to find a deal on electric wipers to go back in it. I have a truck waiting for an EUC that has electric wipers, so if I don't keep that truck those wipers will at least stay with me ;)

Well we are up to almost 16" in North Jersey and still coming down hard. Also very high winds should make some nasty drifts by morning. To bad my M818 is still apart waiting for parts.

midcounty

Well we are up to almost 16" in North Jersey and still coming down hard. Also very high winds should make some nasty drifts by morning. To bad my M818 is still apart waiting for parts.
Last I looked at the news this morning, you guys were going to get the brunt of this one. Northern Jersey and New York were supposed to get hit the hardest. Sorry to hear about M818, would be a good time to have her going.

stampy

We got about 8 inches here in North central NC I had fun all day plowing the roads around our plant and all of my friends houses. The CJ5 has the plow and it did a great job

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in Fargo ND we have on the ground about 32 inches of snow and let me tell you that ANYOBDY that wants some let me know I will even fill up your truck for you, I am always in a very sharing mood when it comes to SNOW!!!!
KK

Katahdin

First big storm here in Southern Maine, glad you guys out west have been taken the brunt of the winter for us. [thumbzup] The snow here is piling up in the corners where it gets trapped by the wind.

Normally I'd plow every six-eight inches of accumulation but the wind is blowing like crazy so clearing the snow would be counter productive at this point. Look at the accumulation difference between my bedroom window on a roof corner and the top of the deuce...

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had just enough here in SC to keep me inside on Sunday. Ended up with 1.5 ", which is rapidly melting as I type. Not enough to bother with starting the M814.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks