• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the M814 Home

Sephirothq

I got my M814 home. It is the one that was in Anneville, Pa. It isn't as rough as I originally thought but it needs a fair amount of work. The drag link was broken so I had to pull one off of my M818 to get the truck home. I also needed to replace the air line drain. Water was left in the tank and it froze and broke.

The truck needs a front bumper, a J-Pipe, and a sand blasting and paint job. It runs fine. I will get some pics up when I get my camera out. The drive home was uneventful.

Now I don't know if I should put the truck back together or use it for parts.

Sephirothq

Jim,
I measured the M809 series drag link, it is 27 7/8" long. the M52 is 28 3 /4 " long. I don't know if that will matter or not. I am still planning on friday's trip.

M813A1

Can you guys tell where I might find a Drag link for a M51A2 Dump truck ?? I need one to recover the truck because I am going to tow it 200 miles ??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks