• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the mule

Jeeptj1

Well finally got the mule. Dont even know if it runs actually. Going to look at the download manual and see the procedure for starting. Has alternator and battery. It was a time loading it as i dont have a clue how the steering works. Appears to have four wheel steering though. ( think but not sure it was converted over) Posted pictures on here once but not quite sure how now but will try. The recoilless appears to be in really good shape. Didnt get a seat or the engine cover. M274-A5 im pretty sure it is but what the heck do i know. Feel totally useless on this thing right now. Any hints or advice would be appreciated. Well have to go put a heating pad on my back. Will try better pictures at a later time. Thanks john jr

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make John Emery your new friend . How does it go , Most expensive little MV going !!!! Depending on how long it has been sitting , figure a complete service , all filters and fluid changes . I use 30W with some additive . Figure on removing the fuel tank for a good cleaning and plan on some carb work . Also check your axle boots and seals , they probably need to be serviced if not replaced and ALWAYS check the lube in the drop axles or REALLY BAD things happen quickly !!!!! If it is a A5 , that is the last series and they had the Aluminum Deck and 2 wheel steer , a lot of people do the conversion to 4 wheel steer though , so that is a plus . G503 has a great Mule site and Charlie Watson the Mule GURU , and also the TM's for download , also The M274Mule site has ALL the TM's for all the MULES . Very interesting MV's and a lot of fun but they can be somewhat challenging 100_1783.jpg welcome to the site and if you need any info PM me and we can chat , all the best , good luck Bob k

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well finally got the mule. Dont even know if it runs actually. Going to look at the download manual and see the procedure for starting. Has alternator and battery. It was a time loading it as i dont have a clue how the steering works. Appears to have four wheel steering though. ( think but not sure it was converted over) Posted pictures on here once but not quite sure how now but will try. The recoilless appears to be in really good shape. Didnt get a seat or the engine cover. M274-A5 im pretty sure it is but what the heck do i know. Feel totally useless on this thing right now. Any hints or advice would be appreciated. Well have to go put a heating pad on my back. Will try better pictures at a later time. Thanks john jr
Is that a recoilless cannon? Yummy!

Jeeptj1

Thanks guys for the input. I just tore the ignition switch apart as it was pretty bad. Any particular one that has been used for it? There doesnt seem to be much involved in the wiring on this. Has anybody just got new stranded and redid them or just buy the new harness. Thanks john jr

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hint: If it is a M274A5 and has 4WS, it has been converted.

You may also want to check out the G503 Mule forum as there seems to be more technical guys over there.

Spyderman

I should have bought 1 10 years ago at Knob Creek. They had them by the trailer loads. Know they are hard to find. Good luck on yours.

Tga

Local

Hey John, congrats on the mule purchase, looks like a good project. Drop me a pm if you need any help or parts for your new purchase. I'm only about an hour from you (just west of Bloomington). We are parting out several mules and would be happy to help in any way I can. image.jpg

wafinley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a great looking start to a build....especially the recoil rifle. I have just brought my mule from AZ to Kansas City, KS. Good luck and keep us posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks