• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the new truck today!

m139h2otruck

Lowbed driver delivered new truck to the yard today. Went to Maine friday and picked up the truck, new drop side bed and 4 75% 1400x20 radial tires. All the stuff looks great so far. Already changed the oil & filter in the engine with Rotella 15-40 and WIX filter. Look at the pictures an let me know what you think. Yeager1's pics in the other post for the bed I was talking about is exactly what I am looking for. Any suggestions other than CSI?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a fine looking truck! Sorry I have no suggestions for you, I only have a couple little deuces. :drool:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck! Is it at your house or shop, I like the roominess.

m139h2otruck

No, I just rent an office here (window to the right at the top of the stair) but you are right great place. He lets me store stuff at the site, plenty of room. All our equipment stays at the jobs we are working on. Water truck is in my yard at home waiting for a spedo cable, new boot on front end and new headlight bulb.

M1075

Nice pics H20. Now, I want a bridge truck! Can you post pics of the data plate showing Model and NSN? Is this an M812 or M821?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
812s are very cool, especially if you have the pallet. I really like the 821 bed though. Thats a nice looking 812 for sure.

m.walker

Cool ride ! I'd like to get a bridge truck too , I could just see it dual 16x20 XZL's on the rear, single XZL's on the front , shorten wheelbase like a tractor , small flatbed ! Sorry my mind wandered off , you've got a real good lookin truck !!!

Towman2277

I haven't ever seen another bridge truck with the flat bed like mine!?? I wonder what all beds they had....Just two and i've got the rare one? Mine is what they call a "Bridge truck stake transporting"...same M139 chassis, but with a really big flatbed, heavy-duty head board, and a huge roller in the rear.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, IIRC it wasn't until the 812s that they used a bed like that one. The stake body like on your M328 was used on the gassers, and the 821s.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Stever,
Like Kenny said, the M328 (which was built on the M139 chassis), the M821, and even a FEW six-ton Brockways use the extremely heavy bed that you have. Its for use with a MT-4 bridge (or some such designation - memory isn't as good as it once was)

The M812 was designed for use with a completely different bridginng system - that was a copy of a Russian design, that was based on a WWII German design. And is still being used today.

I'll edit this post later today to include some photos (as soon as I can remember how).

David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW if anyone in FL has an M328 and needs it removed from their yard, I'll make myself available.

yeager1

M139, did you get the dropside bed delivered with it? When I saw that truck for sale the idea that crossed my mind was to cut the outer rollers off the bed and attach the dropside bed to the A frame (after shortening the frame), utilizing the original pistons and hinges. You'd end up with a very heavy duty drop side dump bed with a winch at the top/front of it and you could use the space left between the cab and bed (due to the longer 812 frame) to mount the spare and toolbox. Single it out with 16-20 and call it done. It wouldn't be all that hard and you end up with one awesome unique truck. Just my idea I thought I'd share- I have a hard time leaving anything stock

m139h2otruck

More info

For M1075: pictures of data plate.
For Towman2277: our other sister truck to the water truck is a M139 with a M328 bed on it. It's data plate like the water truck is marked M139, but all the parts and pieces are an M328. there is another gasser bridge truck here in Concord, at a junkyard. Very very rusty, rear drive shaft removed and no cab top. Looks to be good only for parts.
For yeager1: thought about removing the bridge system completely, installing the dropside bed to the rear and adding a crane like cranetrucks behind the cab, using the hyd. pump from the bridge body. Still not decided.
Thanks for all the comments.

Attachments

m139h2otruck

For chevy43: In NH, the max width without permits is 8'-6" (102"). We would have to cut off or remove over 33" to make this. On the M135 water truck, the tank was just 102" and we flipped the hubs and run singles to meet the width requirements.

For cranetruck: It's looking more and more like we will have to make some major changes to be able to use the truck over the road, it's just too wide!! I too would like to use the truck as is with the pallet system, but the MV aggravations would not be worth it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks