• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got them home today

dmetalmiki

russian wheels

Believe it not I have them "coming out of my ears" !..the truck pictured I drove back from holland..broke it for the (exellent) low mileage engine and screemin turbo! 60 amp altrernator a whole host of other bits including winch/bumper and kit etc..you can probably see a load of ruski wheels and tyres in back of it! I bought the truck as chassis cab..bought a cheap bed right there (&fittedit!)..and filled it with about 5 tons of bits!! drove back ..I also know of a stack of zil131 wheels and tyres in a breakers (truck) yard over here. In fact 3 years ago in a clear out he offered me "U can ave' them over there" 4 £60 (quid) and when I went to the pile ..yes SIX NEW 1200x20 and 40 (yes forty) NEW 10.50x 16.5 s ALL 4 the £60 quids! I sold ONE set (5) for £450 and variouse lots since. the new 1200x20s are on my deuce (note adaptor plates I made?) It will drive at U.K. motorway civy truck speeds (and PASS em!) but I NEVER exeed 2000 RPMs. Viz, I KEEP it within it's braking capability!. On the fun side.. we were on a vehicle "cavalcade" at an airfield rally and followed a fella with a deuce who claimed to have the fastest deuce in U.K. well...YOU KNOW how it iz! I get allonside cab to cab...he,s waving and jeering (so is his crew)..THEN..I 'doodle' into 5 gear!!! and LEAVE him right there! ohhhh that felt SOO GOOD!!

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: russian wheels

would love a set of the russian wheels. Not quite as easy to find in the States.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M35 1100s speed

The thing about having larger tires on your deuce is you lose torque. The previous posters are correct, the top speed should be higher, but it will take more to get there and you will lose a good amount of your torque on long, steep hills because of the larger tires. Get someone to follow you in a car to clock your speed. The speedo will be off because of the larger tires. When it says you are doing 50 mph, you are really doing more like 57 mph.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I need 18 of those 1100X20 XLs but no scratch to spend. Oh well, some day. Both trucks look excellent.

MoAllen

Hey guys you are right I can't stop I was back out there today and they have about 100 trucks and a ton of other stuff for sale I found on etruck with a winch and with the 1100r20 tires but when I pulled the dipstick the oil had what looked to be gold flakes in it, NOT sure about that. Blown engine I think locked up, what would it be worth? here are some more pictures
Allen

dmetalmiki

NOPE bkube

I have two m35s and the one with the 1200s simply "RIPPS" past the one on stock tyres..as I sed on a staright up race at the " droime" (its a one off SAFE go for it cavalcade) my deuce trounced ALL other similar trucks!!..HILLS? no way slow down that sucker R O A R S ! up em ..On EVERY convoy to shows I HAVE TO wait for companions!..most deuce UNLOADED tend to "hunt" at light throttle..and you have to "THROTLE BACK" to stop that!..loaded they pull fine without surging. (( of course this ONLY APPLIES)) IF ((IF)) the pump is set CORRECTLY! and i dont see many that are..( as it's a complicated and difficult proceedure!) for your avarage jo!.. not ME! mines set ON THE SPOT! (as ALL my m series are...) and WELL worth the time and effort. so..unladen..AND with oversize rims/tyres..set correctly they PULL and GO LIKE TRAINS>..( or as mine does..TWO trains!)..with the awsum acompying scream from the turbo! lol ..P,S.most speedo's are set "fast" so with oversize rims tyres..the reading is (usualy) "actual" accurate and correct.

MoAllen

RE: NOPE bkube

Hmmmm 1700 rpms at 55 mph, I am not sure about that the 1100r20 did not make but about a 100 rpm change in 5th gear, Now my dodge will pull hard, I could remove my drive shafts and out pull your truck with my waterpump FAN hahahahahaha

dmetalmiki

ratio

yep mostly true regards size/revs.. but (old) english (ex-army) tyres tend to be MUCH higher on the side walls. and these came from an old AEC millitant. which used very high profile tyers. side by side they stood as tall as the 1400s on my 5 ton!. I still (like to) keep to about 50/55 mph. in keepeing with tyre heat wear etc (as per allocated previouse military usage ) I only once went flat out (on an airbase) to (actualy check) and following vehicle reported +70 mph. allowing for speedo errors etc that was quite impressive. NEVER done it since wont do it again..(on any public highway.) for me..consitant "double nickle" max is good. my cruise is usualy 50 mph. tho.