• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got to drive 1,600 miles for 1.5 miles of railroad

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro wrote :She did just fine. They dropped a new engine in her before surplusing. There were two long grades on the way back to the railyard. Had to go 3 low coming out of the construction area at the power plant, and there was one on a small country back road that I had to go to 2nd. Other than that, it was southbound and down! well, more eastbound...
I had the honor of doing some of the driving with ferro. I figured out that on the trips carrying the rail, we had 46,800 on the trl. It would have been nice to have a 15 speed tranny, as the gaps between gears was huge, and meant that you had to go all the way to redline before shifting into the next gear.
All in all, I had a lot of fun. It was something to compare the M818 to my daily driver, a 2004 Sterling single screw with a 10speed road ranger.

4trans

All in all, I had a lot of fun. It was something to compare the M818 to my daily driver, a 2004 Sterling single screw with a 10speed road ranger.
May I ask who do you work for driving a 04 sterling single screw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks