• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gotta luv a Deuce

akguy

Glad to finally find other people with the same addiction as my own. Came down from Alaska 5 years ago to live in florida. Having spent most of my life in the north, i was first introduced to military surplus vehicles out in private mining camps. These were so far out of town that regular maintenance was unheard of. So now i find this website and am really astounded at the care and the restoration that you guys {and gals} invest in. Someday i hope to purchase a deuce, but due to family obligations,that day will have to be in the distant future. However i am enjoying learning as much as i can for now just by "listening" to the experienced ones on this site. Great site!!! Glad to be a member! Keep up the good work everyone.

New Guy

akguy

The weather is sweet,no ice or snow. However, still trying to convince the wife that A/C in a deuce is opening the windshield a notch or two.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site akguy, my son was born in Naples.
In those days, the Alligator alley was 2-lane, so I image that there is a lot more people in Naples now...

Pinz25086

Welcome to the site. Naples is a great place to live. I have family down there and enjoy the area. If you like Bar-B-Que, try Michelbob's near the airport. It is a must see when I am in the area.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome......there is a big rally in Fla every year......if you go you will meet all the "ususal suspects" from that area plus a few interlopers that sneak past the border guards at the GA line.

If you get up this way you are welome to check out the "Alabama Green Iron Mafia".

Me an Bama Lady are planning to hold a small rally as soon as we can find a time frame that don't conflict with any other event.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard.

Talk about a change on scenery. I was in Anchorage once on a stopover and all I can say it was one of the most beautiful views in the world. Now your tallest obstacle is most likely an overpass on I75. :)

sw

akguy

Thanks s w , Alaska is a great place to live. Were you up there with your carrier? i remember a few years back one came up there. What is the draft of those? It had to anchor way out. And yes,your correct on the overpass thing down here.

David

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, this is truly a great site and you will encounter a ton of information on here.

sit back and read a little, take it all in, you'll have that deuce before you know it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks