• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet small HMMWV parts and shipping

jpinst

I bought a tiny part of Gov Planet for my HMMWV. basically its a light control panel and weights less than a pound.

The Gov Planet certified shipper gave me a shipping estimate of $250 - yes for this one single part.

I bought many vehicles from the site in the past and used large shippers fro those. How are you guys getting these small parts shipped to you? Seems to be a pain in the neck.

Thanks in advance!!

natrgatr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called the contact for the item and they let me send a call tag from UPS to pick the item up. I bought a second small item a week later and GovPlanet emailed me and offered UPS shipment. Give them a call, I bet you could arrange something.

NormB

Back in the 90's, USAA had this deal on a private FEDEX account and I took them up on it.

It's really easy to print out and mail a shipping label to someone or even use one of the labels off the account-linked bar-coded roll they sent way back when. in rare instances someone is gouging buyers on shipping (
There's a FMV parts seller in Texas I totally ignore on the evil auction site as shipping for small things, say, a windshield wiper motor might be $35. I've used ePay's shipping label generator, I know better) I can send a label for a common carrier and most honest dealers/sellers (C&R guns mostly) will honor this. All they've got to do is slap the label on the package and hand it to the courier when they stop by to deliver pkgs.

I've since done the same with a "Brown" account which I only use for tracking now due to their political affiliations (like I don't do Starbucks)

May be a way of doing this through USPS but so far as I've know it only works one way, your zip code to another, not the other way around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks