• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet used parts

2deuce

Fuel tanks come up occasionally, and sometimes in the crate, and sometimes not, but they look used. I was trying to figure out why a fuel tank would be removed from the vehicle in the 1st place if it was good. I was apprehensive to bid thinking there must be something wrong with it. I can't think of a reason to remove a good fuel tank...???

DeMilitarized

Fuel tanks come up occasionally, and sometimes in the crate, and sometimes not, but they look used. I was trying to figure out why a fuel tank would be removed from the vehicle in the 1st place if it was good. I was apprehensive to bid thinking there must be something wrong with it. I can't think of a reason to remove a good fuel tank...???
Likely fell out of the crate and got banged around for 10 years.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bad ones frequently go into the crate that the good ones came out of. Just like with engine shipping containers.

"Bad" may be relative. The military may swap out a dented one for one without dents.

Or it could be full of nasties. Or have holes.

Caveat Emptor....

2deuce

Those were exactly my thoughts. If a vehicle was cannibalized there wouldn't likely be a crate to store it in either. It would go straight into the vehicle that needed it. I'm trying to picture a scenario where a good tank is removed and put into a crate that a new tank came out of.....but can't.
I bid on one that looked used, but had no visible flaws, and didn't get it. Probably for the best.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks