• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Government GL Paint Stick removal

bodi044

So I have a great looking truck for Government GL and of course they write all over it with the white paint stick. What is the best way to remove this crap without painting over or sanding it off. Paint on the truck is great so I don't wanna paint over it if I don't have to.

wsucougarx

use a blade to remove the thick stuff. I've always used CRC brake cleaner to remove my GL war paint. you don't want to paint over it as it will show through.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Wal Mart house brand(supertech) carb and choke cleaner. I spray it on a rag, then wipe a small area, then repeat. It has worked well for me, with almost no noticable residue.

Maverick1701

carb cleaner

When we got our HMMWV for my Sheriffs Office we tired everything...eventually we found that Carb cleaner worked very well.

I went home and used it on my deuce w/similar results

stancanpara

I use my pressure washer first to get the most of it off and then a little carb cleaner to completely erase it...:jumpin:

I have a buddy that bought his truck from GL at LEAST 8 or 9 years ago and he's never removed his DRMO war paint....:cookoo:

Flyingvan911

I used CRC Electric Parts cleaner. (They were out of the brake cleaner at Walmart.) I also used the yellow sponges with the green scrub pad on the back. It worked very well. It also took the duct tape residue off the tailgate from when I had the temp tag taped up there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks