• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Government Liguidations not charging my credit card.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won 2 trucks on 06/07 and paid with a cc. According to them my card is bad and it got declined twice Friday. After literally an hour of arguing with them that can't be the case, I called my cc company again. They told me both times no charges were attempted let alone declined. I frantically ran to the bank and got a money order at closing time to send Saturday. When I get home late Friday I get a 3 way call from GL and PayPal ; their transaction provider. After an hour and a half of digging, PayPal admitted the problem was on their end. GL guy apologized and said that it would be fixed Monday.
Guess what? Monday rolls around ; it's late and I call and am told GL guy will call me right back. He never calls.
Tuesday morning I call and leave a message. GL guy calls mid afternoon saying all is good so let's run your card again.
16:30 I get the email ; declined payment!
So I immediately call my cc company and they say, again, no attempts ;no declines.
So I call GL guy and he says " it's your card so you have to send certified funds"
And now the check is at home and I'm out of town. And no time left to send it by close of business Wednesday.
I can't help but feel that I'm dealing with crooks who will stall and thwart a deal that doesn't meet their monetary expectations maybe?
Tell me I'm wrong.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many others have reported the same issue. Your not alone.

Why this happens, we will never know.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chances are you have lost out on this item. I have had the same thing happen. Truck went bye bye and was relisted.

More than likely you account will be locked, you will be charged a default fee, you will have to call the help line, "management" will have to be contacted and after a couple of weeks they will "forgive" the default fee and reopen you account.

Been there, done that.

Last edited:

Cannoncocker

Morning, I thought I was the only one? I won a bid three weeks ago out of Barstow and the day after it closed I get an E mail saying my cc was rejected and I had to wire the money ASAP. As soon as my wife got home from work we went over our records and the cc balance was zero? After several calls to MC (now it's late on a Friday afternoon) they tell us no charges of any kind had been placed in the past two weeks and the card was good to go? As I was running out of time with GL I was going to wire the money Monday morning. I called my bank first thing and they said it would cost $30.00 to wire the money and it would not go through until the next day Tuesday and that would put me over on time and loss the bid! Two more calls to GL and after switching to a different cc on file it went trough one hour before the dead line. It almost seamed as though they were trying to back out to of the bid. Perhaps I'm looking at this in the wrong way but something didn't feel right from the get go. I printed out a copy of the invoice with the cc rejected and sent it to MC just to make my point and have not had a response. John.
aua

Cannoncocker

Excellent point, In my case they must charge the cc before I can be over my limit. One should always know not only the balance due on there cc but the current limit before biding or making any large purchase. As my balance was zero and I was well below the known limits I had no issues with placing the bid. For them to reject it and then to find out they never charged it in the first place raised a red flag. As per the GL E mail I must wire them the money ASAP or my account would be locked plus being charged 10% for failure to pay on time! Visa will call anytime there is any odd or large charges to confirm that these are correct and you have approved them. For now I still feel something wasn't and isn't right and if I'm not the only one that has encountered this perhaps there is reason for concern?. John.

M925

Well, mine was declined......because I have a limit, so I had to call the company and tell them to raise the limit. It took a couple days before I got everything worked out, but had it paid within 3 days.

Chief_919

Yep. I have had this issue as well- they have been doing this for at least 5 years, always deny it is their fault, but if pushed will admit that is not true.

I had them put a hold on my account, from now on they do not charge my account until I give them authorization. So after I win I log into the help chat, tell them to authorize the card, confirm the details, and then make sure a transcript of that chat is saved.

So far, 100% success doing it like this. I think this shifts them from having their system run it to them manually doing it and that seems to work better.

A more cynical man might ponder if, knowing these issues have been happening for years, that they refuse to correct it because the default fees are 100% profit for them

tobyS

My debit card was rejected as I didn't know of a $3k daily limit. Wiring the money cost me $15 (even though I thought it "should" go through), but saved the problems of a default. After all was done, my bank told me to call before hand and raise the limit for one day. Since GSA told me all of my accounts as a contractor had been hacked into, I'm glad for the limits. Now that I know, I can plan better.

Scarecrow1

Andy I am so sorry I hope you get it straight. I have learned my lesson as well and found the easiest way was to call and and have GL put a hold on the transaction go to the bank and have the limit raised for the one transaction. Then call GL again and have them put it through on your debit card. There is no way to argue if they get paid or not. It saves the wire fees and still get it over and done fast!!! When you get off vacation give me a call so we can catch up.........

KsM715

Many others have reported the same issue. Your not alone.

Why this happens, we will never know.

I know why it happens. It has to do with one word, that is in the name of the company. Thats all I'm saying. They have crappy customer service because they know they are the only game in town.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no daily limits and had my credit line doubled weeks ago. I also contacted my CC company and had them note on my account to look for a large charge from this company.
So yesterday morning, while on vacation, I attempted to make a cash payment to the Bank of America account listed in the declined sale emails. No problem at the bank but I decided to give GL a quick call to let them know all is good and they will finally get their money on time.
Sorry ; can't do that. Has to be wired they say.
****! I can only wire money in person from my bank 2 states away.
At this point I look at my wife and say" I give up. They can go to **** and take the trucks with them"
Remarkably I get a call 2 hours later and GL guy says I still have a one day extension to Thursday. I tell him calmly to forget about the deal; I can't get him money in time. And I asked about the 25% fee since my card won't work. He said to mail a certified check.
Let me say the words that I said to that guy made my son's mouth drop! I apologized. To my son.
But there's more. Later Thursday he calls again saying he has authorization to run my card for the 4th time if he and I can get on a 3 way call with my CC company. I'm calm by now and say" sure"
So we do, twice, and both times my CC guy and gal tell him that my card is fine and has never been charged by GL. He apologized to me and admitted it has to be PayPal on their end.
So it's Thursday morning and all is quiet....
Stay tuned.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I feel Blessed!!! I've made about 20 purchases from GL, vehicles and other stuff and have never had an issue. (Well except a tarp missing when I picked up a deuce).
I've always experienced smooth transactions and courteous service when dealing with them.

Just wanted to add this positive note.
:papabear:

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received a call around 18:30 today from GL guy and he said that he was working with his invoice department who, believe it or not, has had this problem with PayPal before. He feels confident this will be fixed soon. He said I got my second extension to Friday and it will continue to Monday if needed.
I will be honest that yesterday I had thrown in the towel and gave up on the deal but it seems that GL guy is determined to get the problem fixed now that he knows that I was telling the truth about my card being good all along and the problem being on their end. Maybe it will work out after all.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I received a call around 18:30 today from GL guy and he said that he was working with his invoice department who, believe it or not, has had this problem with PayPal before. He feels confident this will be fixed soon. He said I got my second extension to Friday and it will continue to Monday if needed.
I will be honest that yesterday I had thrown in the towel and gave up on the deal but it seems that GL guy is determined to get the problem fixed now that he knows that I was telling the truth about my card being good all along and the problem being on their end. Maybe it will work out after all.
I hope you get your trucks.

Chit happens and when it does we (well at least I) get hotsy fast cause I know I'm right and I want my stuff....Never had that problem yet with GL.
I'm glad they, at least one GL guy is in your corner and trying to resolve the issue.

On a side note, when I buy something...well bid...an option pops up to use paypal or credit card on file. I only use the CC option cause paypal made me mad years ago and I will never use them again...even if it means I can't buy what I want.

Again...best wishes for a satisfactory resolution to the issues.:beer:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know why it happens. It has to do with one word, that is in the name of the company. Thats all I'm saying. They have crappy customer service because they know they are the only game in town.
Jeff hit the nail on the head. The bottom line is as long as they get their paycheck each week, they just don't care. As long as people keep bidding on their trucks and there is no competition, I don't see them changing anytime soon.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Jeff hit the nail on the head. The bottom line is as long as they get their paycheck each week, they just don't care. As long as people keep bidding on their trucks and there is no competition, I don't see them changing anytime soon.
From my experience with GL and the folks at the sites I've had stuff picked up from, I just can't agree with you guys.
BUT...that's just my experience and I have read the horror stories from other folks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks