• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Government Liquidation ***BUYER BEWARE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh, you have never seen them go for $100-150 on ebay.

On the water cans, I was selling them fair to clean for $8-15 at the Ga. Rally. Fuel cans, $25-35.

They go for $45 on ebay if Scepter. You can ask anything you want, but getting it is another story.
Angus, I checked, You had better raise your prices! Even used are in the 70.00 and up range. Does not mean they are all selling at that price but since they are ALL starting there I would say they must be selling some.

Rick

3dAngus

Rick,

Like I said, to accurately check on prices on ebay, you have to go to advanced, then check "completely listings". Ebay is full of people trying to gouge you and will if you let them.

They are 2 for $80, 2 for $100, and you can pay anything you wish, but the value is $45 on average for used, which is what he purchased. I hope he gets more, but the history of sales is there. You cannot rely on asking prices. But, I do admit, there are those who only see that, and probably feel that is the going rate and buy it. I've sold over 100 now at $25-45 and don't feel the need to raise prices, but I don't have any for sale now and may not again due to the uncertainty in future prices and availability.

I know towbar feet prices fluctuate wildly depending on availability. We might be seeing some of that here, but I see a dozen or so sales for an average of $45 on ebay. It's the shipping that kills ya. $20

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is why I seldom if ever buy from Ebay. If I ever do I am coming to you first for a buying lesson!

JimmyThompson

Despite this turning into an in depth pricing guide for Scepter Gas Cans, how lucky I am to have been misled, or how happy you would be to have discovered being misled... I was attempting to let everyone know that GL has terrible customer service. Take what you will from the post.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to rain on your parade but please reread the forum rules. eBay links are not allowed unless they are your own.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Despite this turning into an in depth pricing guide for Scepter Gas Cans, how lucky I am to have been misled, or how happy you would be to have discovered being misled... I was attempting to let everyone know that GL has terrible customer service. Take what you will from the post.
Jimmy, we all feel your pain. There is probably not a single person on this forum that has dealt with G/L that has not been burnt. We know all too well about their customer service. It is not that way at all locations though. I have had very good service at several locations. Wait until you find out about their legendary forklift drivers!rofl

Rick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gents, this has gone a little off track but because it has, I will throw this out. Emmado22 has thousands of scepter fuel cans for half a "C" note. Don't pay those crazy ebay asking prices. Even if his price has gone up, buying from him supports this site and it's members.

There is the "Fair Market' and the "Fools Market". I prefer the fair market.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was attempting to let everyone know that GL has terrible customer service. Take what you will from the post.
Anyone who has dealt with GL for a while, already knows this.

It's like telling us that smoking is bad for your heath. (I wonder if the Surgeon General has a GL warning statement?)

btw, Gasoline is flammable.

JimmyThompson

I'll likely not play with GL anymore. I simply cant trust their listings.

Warthog "Super Moderator"... Thank you for clarifying the rules for me, it was obvious I was trying to promote and suggest everybody on SS buy gas cans from ebay. On a serious note, it was only used as a reference and it wasn't specific to a single auction!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Still, it is on the buyer to preview either in person or have someone do it for the buyer, a phone call IS NOT a preview, GL has a lot of crap for sale, ALL they care about is GETTING IT GONE, if they have a pig (a tink. look-a-like) forsale, and call it a cow, they still are selling a pig, it is up to the buyer to verify by preview that it is NOT in fact a cow but in fact a pig.

We get one of these "GL screwed me, the item WAS NOT what they said it was" about once a month, EVERY TIME, one of these I got screwed threads is started, it is by a NON-PREVIEWER

3dAngus

Jimmy, back on tract and for future reference. If you are not happy with what you get from GL and feel it is misrepresented in any way, don't load it up. Once it is loaded and the paperwork is signed, there is nothing you can do.

People here have had reasonably good success in negotiating their position by not picking up and working it out with the main office in Arizona, which is only a phone call away. They make the decisions there, not at the local facility you purchased from. They keep track of the invoices, and are the ones who have to modify them, whether it is a full refund, or a discount to it.

You have no negotiating power once you leave the base. It's not like WalMart.

Nonotagain

I've been on the short side of a couple of GL auctions. Even when you show them their error, they point to the fine print, all sales final, buyer should preview. I'm not driving extended distances to preview a $500 item and GL knows this.

Internet auctions exist so that one does not have to show up for a live auction. If you had to bid live, most of the items that are sold on GL would go for pennies on the dollar compared to internet auction prices. You sure wouldn't have as many dealers involved in the sales.

GL has a responsibility to accurately represent the items being sold. They fail on so many occasions that it's almost a badge of honor to have been shafted by GL.

And Ron, Older than Dirt. You and Wreckerman made a few trips to Blount Island for the MK-48 truck trailers. When GL advertises a combo, one makes that ASSUMPTION, that the units can be coupled and loaded for removal. I seem to recall that a portion of the last MK-48’s were missing bolts.
If I showed up to pick up one of these truck/trailer combinations and found that the tires were missing, would I be wrong to refuse the sale if pictures showed the vehicle resting on tires?

Not everyone can preview.

Reactions: FMJ

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog "Super Moderator"... Thank you for clarifying the rules for me, it was obvious I was trying to promote and suggest everybody on SS buy gas cans from ebay. On a serious note, it was only used as a reference and it wasn't specific to a single auction!
Doesn't matter. You choose to not follow the rules. I gave you a warning. If you don't want to follow the rules set by the owner of this website, you are more than welcome to leave and start your own website.

I was was keeping this offline but you choose to bring out in the open.

As a Matter of fact, the subject of GL issues has been discussed many times. This thread serves no purpose and will be closed.

And by the way there are many Super moderators. There is the owner, admin, super moderators and moderators.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about,

Now.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I've been on the short side of a couple of GL auctions. Even when you show them their error, they point to the fine print, all sales final, buyer should preview. I'm not driving extended distances to preview a $500 item and GL knows this.

Internet auctions exist so that one does not have to show up for a live auction. If you had to bid live, most of the items that are sold on GL would go for pennies on the dollar compared to internet auction prices. You sure wouldn't have as many dealers involved in the sales.

GL has a responsibility to accurately represent the items being sold. They fail on so many occasions that it's almost a badge of honor to have been shafted by GL.

And Ron, Older than Dirt. You and Wreckerman made a few trips to Blount Island for the MK-48 truck trailers. When GL advertises a combo, one makes that ASSUMPTION, that the units can be coupled and loaded for removal. I seem to recall that a portion of the last MK-48’s were missing bolts.
If I showed up to pick up one of these truck/trailer combinations and found that the tires were missing, would I be wrong to refuse the sale if pictures showed the vehicle resting on tires?

Not everyone can preview.
true, when someone (gl) states a compleat truck, you WOULD assume that it is ready to load, not 1/2 hear and 1/2 there and has to be put together, yes there was some SUPRISED truck drivers as well as owners, if owners had previewed they would have known that most were in TWO peices , WM, knowing GL, KNEW things like special truck auctions on GL DO NOT go smoothly, so that is why we were on the ground for the first loadout (everbody envolved were glad we were). GL did not lie, they sold a compleat truck. this just goes to really show what they say about assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks