• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovLiqidation goodies?!?! Check out these listings!

Deuce-bigalo

Welp, it's your favoratie P.I.T.A here, Mr. Deuce-bigalo! :cool:

I saw a couple things on the auction block today and wanted to pass them along. One in particular I like and would be interested if someone was around the area to possibly check it out - if not, that's cool too!

This one I think is cool looking (an M36?):

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=537280

DON'T HATE FOR THIS: If anyone is around this area please PM me, I would like to have you check out this M813 please:

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=542275

This one is just dang sweet (M35A3):

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=537279

Just passin along some info folks - I have been told to stay away from the Barstow, CA area when dealing with GL, has anyone else have any other suggestions/recommendations on where not to buy from GL?

Thanks!

John :turn:

FSBruva

Newbie here.... What's the difference between the M35a2 and the M35a3? The biggest thing(s) my untrained eyes notice are: different grille, CTIS, auto tranny, external intake housing, muffler??..... What else? New engine?

And, in the humble opinion of those assembled, do those modifications justify the probably exorbitant price this thing will go for? Also, why would they be getting rid of one this new? What sorts of problems "aren't worth fixing" in most cases?

Thanks

Matt

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last complete looking M35A3 went ofr over $50,000 right here at Homestead Air Reserve Base. Basically, the M35A3 went through a remanufacuring process and recieved CAT power, Allison Auto Trans, numerous cab upgrades, CTIS and Super Single tires. Lots of other little stuff but thats the jist of it. Anybody got $50,000 to spend?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M36A2 trucks are cool in an odd kinda way. If you really want to have some fun, back the M107 water buffalo around a corner with one of these. You haven't lived until you try it!

Deuce-bigalo

[^] Yeop! Those A3's are way sweeeeeet!

Well, if I have an extra $50g's lying around then I must be suffering from some serious short term memory loss cause I can't remember for the life of me where it is! :banghead:

I will keep eyes open though. Hey Ken, if I happen to locate something in FLA and it's not far from you, would you mind being my eye & ears if it came to a walk around?

Thanks!

John

Monster Man

can't check any out for you, sorry, but please remember unless you have a CDL you'll want to stay away from anything larger than the 2.5 ton. Wouldn't want to get caught driving a 26k +lb GVW vehicle without a CDL, probably some pretty stiff penalties

Monster Man

in regards to this wheel in the M36 auction:

I see it's not your typical wheel. What's the story? Are all riveted wheels like that? I've seen a 10 ton tractor with wheels very similar to that (smaller, circular holes versus off-ovals), but obviously larger with a different bolt pattern, listed as "non standard". Just curious what you find those on.

Deuce-bigalo

Monster Man said:
can't check any out for you, sorry, but please remember unless you have a CDL you'll want to stay away from anything larger than the 2.5 ton. Wouldn't want to get caught driving a 26k +lb GVW vehicle without a CDL, probably some pretty stiff penalties
I appreciate the help MM - not a problem. I will heed your advise on the CDL - I can get one, just haven't had the need to yet.

Thanks!

Monster Man

Deuce-bigalo said:
Monster Man said:
I appreciate the help MM - not a problem. I will heed your advise on the CDL - I can get one, just haven't had the need to yet.

Thanks!
very true, easy to get but a PITA_ expensive and requires constant renewal, physicals, testing etc. To the average owner I don't think it's worth it. Just as long as potential buyers keep it in mind :yeah:

cten

There are some better trucks up for auction shortly from what I have seen on GL.

You do need to be careful and it may be worth spending $$ for the inspection service or actually visiting the place.

Good luck and buyer beware!

Deuce-bigalo

Yes, too many hoops to jump through just to have the CDL would be a bit excessive just for the 813 - but boy howdy are they cool looking!

I still am waiting to buy in a few months. Nothing immediate unfortunately unless I can find that rich uncle and have him make me the primary beneficiary!

I just thought I would pass along the information on GL.

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't mind checking things out at Homestead as its only 2 1/2 hours away. The next closest place is the cape at 3 1/2 hours. As far as riveted wheels, both were produced for the deuce. As I recall the riveted wheels were ther earlier ones. I've got somke of both around here. Personally I prefer the welded wheel. That wheel in the M36A2 is like none I've seen before.

Deuce-bigalo

Recovry4x4 said:
I don't mind checking things out at Homestead as its only 2 1/2 hours away. The next closest place is the cape at 3 1/2 hours.
That is greatly appreciated Ken! I will definately ask if something comes around! The favor will be full circle though, if there's something I can do please let me know (nothing I can offer right now unfortunately comes to mind!)

I will be scoping the For Sale and online ads and edumicating myself in the mean time!

Good Tuesday to y'all!

John

vtunimog

GovLiquidation has some sweet deals out there, but the shipping is muderous. I had two Multifuel engines shipped from TX and LA to VT for around $750 each. No other choice since there aren't many shipping companies on the list. I mostly could have shipped each engine for between 150 and 200 dollars had I not had to use their shipping co's

I am hoping my bid on the 5500lb gen-set doesn't hold through, I can't imagine the shipping costs for that !

Caveat Emptor - so they say.

Chris M

Desert Rat

Chris,
You know you could use FedEx Freight or CCX and cut your costs in shipping dramatically! I use them all the time. I even pick up at their docks 40 minutes from here and $ave even more.

Deuce-bigalo

Welp, found a couple of trucks I am interested in and hope to be heading to CA in the next 45 days to check them out. I'll keep y'all posted.

John

SixBuy

Speaking of shipping... Has anyone had any experience with motor freighting a whole M35 from GL? I've been told the going rate is about $1 to $1.50 per mile. I've been looking at trucks far enough away that shipping costs are about equal to the travel and make ready costs. And I'm really not too keen on taking an unknown entity on the road for 1500 miles! Any thoughts?

Also, is there a reliable way to assess the condition of a truck from across the country? Again, the cost to preview may well equal the cost to fix some problems.