• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Cranking on Dry/Drained Engines???

Jayhawk#44

If it runs... Your good... If not, we fix it... , and then you're good.... no big deal... (y)
I like you guys already. I tried to look at the 003a at GP in Tucson. No go per GP customer service. "That item is located at a private lot and cannot be previewed." I eventually got out of her that its at GP's lot and not at Davis Monthan AFB. Seems pretty stupid to me but I'll bid accordingly. I used to deal with the DRMO folks at DM and they were great. The GovLiquidation were located there too and were really nice and let me look at lots of stuff.

Later,

Matt

Jayhawk#44

Oof! So much for buying that 003a. $2200, too rich for my blood. Although I think it's probably a runner! Good luck if you got it. I did win an AC unit today for $25.

Jayhawk#44

Did you get the rusty green one, the tan one, or the camo one? Keep us updated!
Forgot to answer you, I got the tan one. Dry of all fluids, and missing a fuse behind the control panel. I hope they drained it for transport, and pulled the fuse to keep anyone from cranking it prior to servicing it. More praying than hoping!!!!

Later,

Matt

Ray70

Forget $2200 for that! If it isn't shown running... assume it doesn't!
Saw another one Wed. went for like $1800. ran but was run from an aux. fuel source. Missing fuel lines etc.
Can pretty much guarantee any 002/003 currently coming from auction will need the fuel tank steamed and sealed at a minimum.
They are ALL full of rusty gunk and water, unless recently refurbed.... and that gunk is usually about the only think keeping most of the fuel inside the tank and not leaking through all the rust pin holes. Seen it dozens of times.

Jayhawk#44

Forget $2200 for that! If it isn't shown running... assume it doesn't!
Saw another one Wed. went for like $1800. ran but was run from an aux. fuel source. Missing fuel lines etc.
Can pretty much guarantee any 002/003 currently coming from auction will need the fuel tank steamed and sealed at a minimum.
They are ALL full of rusty gunk and water, unless recently refurbed.... and that gunk is usually about the only think keeping most of the fuel inside the tank and not leaking through all the rust pin holes. Seen it dozens of times.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure where it came from and how it was used/maintained. Won't surprise me if it's a runner. Still, they paid retail. I'd bet it was used periodically throughout the year.

Hopefully we pickup a new member with a running 003a!

Later,
Matt