• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet HMMWV Auctions ?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt there is price fixing going on. More and more people are wanting these vehicles. I now have people I don’t know coming up to me when I am in my 925a2, and they are asking me do I know where they can buy a Humvee.
And most have no clue what they are getting into buying from auction , and it shows in the 60% higher default rate on
HMWWV's over other rolling stock (according to post #11 of this thread)

Action

Is there any punishment for those that bid (raise prices) and then back out after they win the lot? IIRC, we only need an email address to bid? I liked GL where they had to have credit card info before you bid.

Bigfan

I believe if someone wins auction. There is a pretty substantial fee they pay if they don’t pay for auction item. Believe it’s a percentage of final bid. The auction is a binding legal doc.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this is true can you explain why my M998 had a note with the images that the fording kit does not come with the unit? Mine only had the intake stack, not the entire kit. I can understand leaving a complete kit adds value resulting in a higher final bid. However, I also understand that just the intake stack by itself is a desirable item and can bring in more when sold off by itself.

Seems odd to me to have the pictures occur before the item is in GP possession. In my mind that leaves GP as the ones making the call to not include the item in the sale with the vehicle.
If I remember right, they are demil items and can't be sold now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks