• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Humvee Question

jake20

Hey everyone, been sifting through pictures of a humvee I bought on govplanet.

I'm trying to figure out what a strange looking bracket is for in the pictures. Anyone know what bracket in the attached photo is? It looks like there are bolts just sticking through without any nuts on them.

Attachments

Hummer Guy

Hey everyone, been sifting through pictures of a humvee I bought on govplanet.

I'm trying to figure out what a strange looking bracket is for in the pictures. Anyone know what bracket in the attached photo is? It looks like there are bolts just sticking through without any nuts on them.
Could've been armor plating that was taken off for demil. My M1123 doesn't have those two brackets around the transmission support brace

jake20

Mine does have the holes across the body that indicate there was armor on it at some point, so that could be the case. I'll see if I can do some more digging but you may be right.

Sigi

I had the same brackets just hanging there on my 1123. They are just sitting on the transmission support bracket, no bolts.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you buy it make sure whoever transports it removes those brackets so they do not bounce off and hit another vehicle while in-route, could put an eye out!
Obviously for some under plating that has been removed.

jake20

Alright so I lied, I actually bought two, and as I'm sifting through photos of the other one, I see it also has those brackets. I tried to google around to see if I could find pictures of other humvees with them, but I can't really find much. I'll go with the idea that it was probably supplemental armor and not something critical for now.

jake20

And @Mogman yep that's the plan, there's a tooon of loose gear floating around in them based on the pictures. So my goal is to have the shipper make sure everything's secured.

Hummer Guy

Alright so I lied, I actually bought two, and as I'm sifting through photos of the other one, I see it also has those brackets. I tried to google around to see if I could find pictures of other humvees with them, but I can't really find much. I'll go with the idea that it was probably supplemental armor and not something critical for now.
Which model did you get? Is it a m1165?

jake20

The two I bought are an M1123 and an M1043A2. Both seemingly show evidence of being previously up-armored per the holes on the body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks