• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet Service, Jwade does it again!

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Govplanet games

Posted this in another thread, but I want to make it a topic of its own. Here's the story;

So, I guess I was the only one to bid on a stripped USMC truck. My problem is that after placing a priority bid, (like an idiot, never do that again), I noticed where it looked like the number plate had been replaced so I started to examine the data plates closely. It turns out that this truck did not begin its life as an M1123, it is an M1043A2. This is evidenced by the original sling data plate showing the slant back and the M1043A2 heading. The original 1043 serial number data plate was removed, (the old rivets are still in place), and the 1123 data plate attached in its place. Govplanet claims this was done by the contractor at the 2010 reset to reflect the current configuration. To me this could also call into question the actual year of manufacture. I asked them to withdraw my bid prior to the auction, at least one of the decision makers said "no", but deferred to another, who never responded. The first guy said all of this was pictured, so (basically) tough luck (non disputable). So, here I am at high bid and not sure if I have a diamond in the rough, or just a stripped down heavy that should be at a lower price point. It needs some minor things all of which I have in my stock, and its filthy from sitting in the rain and dust, but I guess I'm really asking for opinions here. Thanks, L

UPDATE, I just checked the site and they have edited the original auction posting from 42 to 41 pictures and vids, REMOVING the number data plate picture. (I still have the original HTML though, so there's no denying it). Hinky crap going on at GP. I still have not gotten a callback or a returned email.

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Posted this in another thread, but I want to make it a topic of its own. Here's the story;

So, I guess I was the only one to bid on a stripped USMC truck. My problem is that after placing a priority bid, (like an idiot, never do that again), I noticed where it looked like the number plate had been replaced so I started to examine the data plates closely. It turns out that this truck did not begin its life as an M1123, it is an M1043A2. This is evidenced by the original sling data plate showing the slant back and the M1043A2 heading. The original 1043 serial number data plate was removed, (the old rivets are still in place), and the 1123 data plate attached in its place. Govplanet claims this was done by the contractor at the 2010 reset to reflect the current configuration. To me this could also call into question the actual year of manufacture. I asked them to withdraw my bid prior to the auction, at least one of the decision makers said "no", but deferred to another, who never responded. The first guy said all of this was pictured, so (basically) tough luck (non disputable). So, here I am at high bid and not sure if I have a diamond in the rough, or just a stripped down heavy that should be at a lower price point. It needs some minor things all of which I have in my stock, and its filthy from sitting in the rain and dust, but I guess I'm really asking for opinions here. Thanks, L

UPDATE, I just checked the site and they have edited the original auction posting from 42 to 41 pictures and vids, REMOVING the number data plate picture. (I still have the original HTML though, so there's no denying it). Hinky crap going on at GP. I still have not gotten a callback or a returned email.
Who did you talk to? what was the item #? let me see what I can find out.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exchanged email with Mr. Phil Hasty, who deferred to someone named Chris (not further identified) for the decision. I like the truck, I'd just like to talk to someone about this, I feel its a material issue. Thank you JWade, Lionel

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
First thing about the picture being "removed". On every item we sell the picture showing the serial number or VIN is only available to the public while it is live. It is removed from public view after it goes across the block. When I pull up the item from the admin side it has all 42 pictures. Someone will reach out in regards and talk through this just be mindful that GP alone is running 3 auctions this week and on all our realms its something like 6. We are slammed all the way around right now.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, that actually makes sense and its something i never noticed. The pics are gone on the unsold stuff too though. I completely understand everyone is busy, BUT, GP has me on a 3 day pay or be penalized leash, so time is of the essence.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Ok, that actually makes sense and its something i never noticed. The pics are gone on the unsold stuff too though. I completely understand everyone is busy, BUT, GP has me on a 3 day pay or be penalized leash, so time is of the essence.
I will make sure you are not penalized until this is resolved. The pics are only live while it is literally in that window going across the "block". Its for security reasons while 95% of items sold on GP are owned by GOV if it is a private seller you can track down the owner by the VIN if you really wanted to so we try to limit its exposure.

Action

There are lots and lots of mid '80s humvees that go through the reset and get new data plates with the year changed. Most of the new owners think they have a Humvee from the year listed, but in reality, they are still from the '80s.
And the data plates with the square scanable thing....i never saw those on factory data plates. Maybe I am just not that observant.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spoke to a very nice, albeit1st level customer service fellow, who's only resolution was to regurgitate the corporate line, "buy or pay the default fee". Not so much of a resolution so far. He's checking with his bosses and will call me back.

Last edited:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I had my doubts but I have to say that GP has resolved this matter to my satisfaction. Kudos to all involved, especially Jwade who obviously has tremendous influence there. Now begins the EUC wait.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JWade has certainly been an assett for us here wether he had the info we wanted to hear or not. Kudos to him for sticking this out.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An M1043A2 would be no real difference in an M1123....at least in the configuration they are selling the M1123's anyway. as action explained, data plates don't mean squat for the govt....I just bought 3 trucks, one has no year on the data plate.
i summized it is a 92-93 based on other dated components. So many of these trucks go through reset, there's no telling what it may have been before.
i will go look at your listing and see if I can see some tell tale signs of what it was...is.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks