• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet Tires

mmurphy001

I saw this posting for tires on Govplanet and was wondering what was going on. They are non-split wheels. Is that something the military used?

I'm slightly concerned the label says "tire, solid and cu" They are not foam filled are they?

They seem to be new. Yes, they probably have some age to them.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I thought about putting it in the GovPlanet section but this really is more specific to what they are and if they are something I can use on my HMMWV I got last year.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like plain jane HMMWV tire and wheel assemblies to me, the pic is from the back side of the wheel and the gp dude didn’t want to strain his back unstacking for the picture. EDIT nope after looking at the pics again, the wheels are one piece, not HMMWV.

Last edited:

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a date code listed? The Good Year M/Ts are a good tire.

Mark

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are getting a bit long in the tooth but if they were stored properly and have zero sign of dry cracking then it could be a deal. No idea what the wheels fit but they do have 8 lugs.

Mark

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Good deal ?? Not until the last bid, fees, taxes, shipping... More lots listed.

On that one tire my 👀 see 4618. Could be a deal if near Georgia. Gentleman...let the bidding war begin.

How fat is your wallet? CAMO

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those are definitely one piece wheels. I have not seen those previously. Has a normal looking valve stem. My thought it is for a special purpose trailer to be used with HMMWV as this is USMC and they tend to do their own thing....

b4858317-cb75-42a3-8516-6d95342b87e4.jpgdd25423a-02d9-4932-85a0-e4c322ce98da.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm slightly concerned the label says "tire, solid and cu" They are not foam filled are they?
That description is generic. That nsn is a group number of some sort when they don't know the nsn or one has not been assigned. Very common to see some items with these generic codes when they don't want to bother identifying them as they are getting rid of them.

The question I had, does it have a run flat? Since it is not a 2 piece, I am leaning to none.

Even if they are for a trailer, the rim has to meet the max spec of the tire for weight purposes so they would be ok on an unarmored hmmwv. These rims could appeal to someone who wants a tire/rim that can be serviced at any automotive or truck shop.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to everyone for all the info. Now that I've brought everyones attention to them they will be priced beyond what I want to pay but.... At least I know they are something usable.
Thanks!
They'll bring at least $1000, probably more like $1500.

And much more than that if two people who don't notice the wheels start fighting over them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks