• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet win 2003 AM General M1123 writing on windshield question.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New member here. Waiting on EUC approval. I purchased knowing its a non runner. I saw on the windshield that it was marked NR Injection Pump. Was that most likely tested by the USMC or by a Ritchie employee? Didn't know how accurately this diagnoses was. Only 71 miles, and it looks in perfect conditon other than the batteries missing.

Windshield.jpg

Congrats on the win and joining the funo_O. I'm sure you'll learn this, don't trust the number on the odometer. In the military they swap odometers without resetting to match so it could have received a newer odometer while having more miles.

From talking with Michael Vaden, the injection pumps fail on the these from sitting too long so it could be it sat a while and when GovPlanet got around to doing the inspection the IP was rotted out and not good. It could also be that it was cannibalized and used on another truck. I got an 04 1123 a year ago and the IP was rotted out so had to have that rebuilt.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the win and joining the funo_O. I'm sure you'll learn this, don't trust the number on the odometer. In the military they swap odometers without resetting to match so it could have received a newer odometer while having more miles.

From talking with Michael Vaden, the injection pumps fail on the these from sitting too long so it could be it sat a while and when GovPlanet got around to doing the inspection the IP was rotted out and not good. It could also be that it was cannibalized and used on another truck. I got an 04 1123 a year ago and the IP was rotted out so had to have that rebuilt.
Thank you! I can tell from the pictures of the truck and undercarriage it looks to be 71 miles. All the bolts on suspension and engine are still gold with no signs of use. Everything is still intact and only one hose is pulled off the the injection pump. In the bed of the truck it looks as if the water forwarding parts are laying in the bed. LOL. Looks like I'm going to be pulling this and sending off for rebuild. Along with diesel tank draining and all the good stuff.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New member here. Waiting on EUC approval. I purchased knowing its a non runner. I saw on the windshield that it was marked NR Injection Pump. Was that most likely tested by the USMC or by a Ritchie employee? Didn't know how accurately this diagnoses was. Only 71 miles, and it looks in perfect conditon other than the batteries missing.

View attachment 845871
Welcome to the outfit!

Welcome to the green sickness too! While you are waiting, go to the Technical Manuals section and download the books for your truck. It will give you something to look at and "learn yourself" a bit about these vehicles. There are troubleshooting steps and simple things like how to crank the thing - and what the heck is that WAIT light on the dash all about.

Like KnightHawk mentioned - chances are that you will never know the mileage on your New To You truck. Doesn't really matter. They have a tendency to be low mileage but they also get "ridden hard and put up wet". Plan on it taking longer than you expected to get it running and you won't be disappointed.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The waiting part is killing me! But I am reading and watching videos of IP replacement so I can do it in my sleep when it gets here!
EUC pending approval 9/15/21 I hope its not 3-4 months!
c843204a-02b4-4f9a-b053-d5c7b40aae68.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The waiting part is killing me! But I am reading and watching videos of IP replacement so I can do it in my sleep when it gets here!
EUC pending approval 9/15/21 I hope its not 3-4 months!
View attachment 845882
It's a nice looking rig. You are definitely doing the right thing. Watching videos, rummaging books, wishing your truck was here... I think there is even some sort of song about "the waiting is the hardest part" .

You might look around and see if you can find others with green trucks. The MVPA has three clubs listed in Indiana. I would imagine that you could "get your fix" at one of their monthly meetings. There would be people to meet, possible sources of parts, maybe even somebody who can help get you off and running a little faster.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a nice looking rig. You are definitely doing the right thing. Watching videos, rummaging books, wishing your truck was here... I think there is even some sort of song about "the waiting is the hardest part" .

You might look around and see if you can find others with green trucks. The MVPA has three clubs listed in Indiana. I would imagine that you could "get your fix" at one of their monthly meetings. There would be people to meet, possible sources of parts, maybe even somebody who can help get you off and running a little faster.
Thanks! I hope it arrives in one piece once I choose the shipper. I man need there help and have been looking over the groups. I am confused if I should title as truck or as historic military plates.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks! I hope it arrives in one piece once I choose the shipper. I man need there help and have been looking over the groups. I am confused if I should title as truck or as historic military plates.
There are 50 states and 50 different sets of rules. The key will be 20 years. That is the least amount of time to qualify as a historic vehicle. Some states like North Carolina the 20 grows to 30 years for historic. A few states have "Historic Military Vehicle" categories.

Some of the historic requirements are for participation in parades and events. In other words, not going to be a "daily driver". It is really tempting, but don't stretch the truth. If you plan to drive it to work every day, insure it that way.

We have an insurance forum - broken down by state. Might look there for recommendations too. A big plus with the MVPA group is that those folks already in your state will know more than all the guesses that we could give you.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

View attachment 845871
I watching all the time. How much was it?
One can post the govplanet auction now, it is done

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watching all the time. How much was it?
One can post the govplanet auction now, it is done
I've been working with Ironplanet for a few years. I buy equipment for my irrigation company so I'm used to picking up items. Mostly sunbelt equipment items. Actually made the money to buy my HMMWV with all the items I've flipped. From light towers to concrete saws.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called a local shop that's a stanadyne seller and they quoted me 600 for a rebuild. I think I'm going to keep calling around or look up diesel care. With mine being a 2003 does anyone know the part number for this pump. I see multiple numbers listed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 845871
Pretty sure the "NR" means NO RETURNS !!! or NO REFUNDS !!!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called a local shop that's a stanadyne seller and they quoted me 600 for a rebuild. I think I'm going to keep calling around or look up diesel care. With mine being a 2003 does anyone know the part number for this pump. I see multiple numbers listed.

Db2831-5149, or D2831-6277

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s probably a decent price... versus non running... and as far as part numbers... there’s a tag on your IP... look at it
I would if I didn't have to wait for my pending EUC. Just trying to get things lined up for when it finally gets here.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would if I didn't have to wait for my pending EUC. Just trying to get things lined up for when it finally gets here.

Food For Thought: There were a BUNCH of these trucks recently sold. How many of them need a replacement IP you ask? I have no idea, but before the trucks that don't run arrive - and there are no pumps available - I would buy early.

(No, I do not sell Injector Pumps)

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually had to call a few days after I submitted my EUC. Ritchie said to use there email address to send EUC instead of govplanets. As soon as I sent to them, it was updated to show EUC sent to TSC. I may have to contact TSC but I don't know how I am going to do that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks