• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

govplanet

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to say it, but if your finances are this tenuous, You might want to cut your losses and pay the default because a HMMWV is not a budget friendly acquisition.
pay for what you bought and wait for the paperwork tp clear.
Keep in mind that governor Wittless vetoed the bill to allow HMMWV’s to be registered and tagged. Her “reason” for this was that is what the last governor did. This was after the House, Senate and Secretary of State all passed it. She is tone deaf to the people’s voices. So if you buy this truck, you have an “ off road only” vehicle. I’m concerned about the future of our hobby in Michigan. It may be just a matter of time before she goes after all HMV’s.

deerslayerz1975

Keep in mind that governor Wittless vetoed the bill to allow HMMWV’s to be registered and tagged. Her “reason” for this was that is what the last governor did. This was after the House, Senate and Secretary of State all passed it. She is tone deaf to the people’s voices. So if you buy this truck, you have an “ off road only” vehicle. I’m concerned about the future of our hobby in Michigan. It may be just a matter of time before she goes after all HMV’s.
yes i was looking into that.. there is a lawfirm. that can supposably get anything plated probly ten grand to do it. but im not sure how they do it. one was called dirtlegal. theses thing are safer then most cars. you can ride a motorcycle with no helmet or an old car with no safety fetures at all. at a loss for words there so you have to trailer a humvee that should be pulling my 2500 hd truck lol

Action

yes i was looking into that.. there is a lawfirm. that can supposably get anything plated probly ten grand to do it. but im not sure how they do it. one was called dirtlegal. theses thing are safer then most cars. you can ride a motorcycle with no helmet or an old car with no safety fetures at all. at a loss for words there so you have to trailer a humvee that should be pulling my 2500 hd truck lol
that is beyond hmmwv towing capacity.
What exactly happened? Did you buy a truck you cant afford? Do you not want it now because of possible titling issues? Your first post is a bit confusing with no punctuation...

MTVR

that is beyond hmmwv towing capacity.
What exactly happened? Did you buy a truck you cant afford? Do you not want it now because of possible titling issues? Your first post is a bit confusing with no punctuation...
Yeah, the OP's posts are really hard to read, with all the capitalization and puncuation errors, not to mention his "wall of text" lack of paragraphs.

If he wants our help, how about he put in a reasonable amount of effort to make his posts easier for us to read...

Last edited:

MTVR

...there is a lawfirm. that can supposably get anything plated probly ten grand to do it. but im not sure how they do it. one was called dirtlegal.
They are probably forming a corporation in another state (a state with extremely lax motor vehicle registration laws), transferring ownership of your vehicle into that corporation, and then registering the corporation's vehicle in that state.

There are MANY problems with that. the first of which is that it's fraud, and you could go to jail for it.

The next problem, is that just because it has a license plate, doesn't mean that it's in any way legal for you to operate on public roads. When I encountered off-road quads (like a Banshee) on public roads in the state that I worked, I would cite them for a long list of things, to include no seatbelts, no windshield wipers, no rear view mirrors, no turn signals, and on, and on, and on, and a license plate would have made no difference.

And if you can afford $10,000 for an attorney, why can't you afford to pay what you gave your word to pay when you bid on that auction?

MTVR

And just FYI, those of us who actually buy vehicles off of GovPlanet, are not amused by non-paying bidders, who drive up the prices that we have to pay to win an auction, when they never had the financial ability to buy the vehicle in the first place.

People like you, cost the rest of us a LOT of our hard-earned money.

deerslayerz1975

And just FYI, those of us who actually buy vehicles off of GovPlanet, are not amused by non-paying bidders, who drive up the prices that we have to pay to win an auction, when they never had the financial ability to buy the vehicle in the first place.

People like you, cost the rest of us a LOT of our hard-earned money.
It must be lonely up there looking down on people like me! I earn my money just like every one else 40hrs a week. It was paid like I told them it would be. Never said I had ten grand for an attorney, no need to argue it's over just wanted to clear things up!!!

MTVR

It must be lonely up there looking down on people like me! I earn my money just like every one else 40hrs a week.
I'm pretty sure that you and I do not earn our money the same way.

I earned my money by running towards gunfire, when everyone else was running away. I have been shot, stabbed, attacked by pitbulls, and was retired by a serious injury in the line of duty that I sustained while protecting people that I had never met before from the violent felon that had savagely attacked them.

I also know nothing about "40hrs a week".

I averaged about 65 hours a week throughout my law enforcement career, often working three 17-hour doubles back to back (51 hours in three days), with a total of as little as three hours of sleep in three days.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So tell us what the status is.....did you pay for and get a truck? Your not the first to have a hard time paying the bill. They bite hard enough to make you NOT do that again.

Gamble

I'm pretty sure that you and I do not earn our money the same way.

I earned my money by running towards gunfire, when everyone else was running away. I have been shot, stabbed, attacked by pitbulls, and was retired by a serious injury in the line of duty that I sustained while protecting people that I had never met before from the violent felon that had savagely attacked them.

I also know nothing about "40hrs a week".

I averaged about 65 hours a week throughout my law enforcement career, often working three 17-hour doubles back to back (51 hours in three days), with a total of as little as three hours of sleep in three days.
You've got to take it easy. This guy came here for an opinion. He didnt really ask for all of this. Let's find out what his issue is and see if we can help the guy. We want MORE people in the hmmwv game BTW not less.

Last edited:

Gamble

They are probably forming a corporation in another state (a state with extremely lax motor vehicle registration laws), transferring ownership of your vehicle into that corporation, and then registering the corporation's vehicle in that state.

There are MANY problems with that. the first of which is that it's fraud, and you could go to jail for it.
Sorry sir but this information is completely incorrect. It is PERFECTLY legal to do just this. The vehicle is owned by a corporation in another state. That corporation is free to do business in any state. Whether sales prospecting or business transactions. This is demonstrated by corporations like Hertz, Thrifty, Dollar, Avis, etc on a massive scale every day of the year.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to sidetrack this thread ,but here in michigan it took 35+ years and tens of millions of dollars to repeal the helmet law and quite frankly
the MV community is unwilling to put the time or cash resources up to change the SOS rules for the HWWMV's . So don't compare what the biker
community has done to benefit their way of life , so until your ready to do that don't complain about what the biker community has achieved ,
we worked hard and paid dearly to restore our rights . Keep in mind the last couple attempts they tried to throw a bunch of garbage in the bills
like special plates that maybe would sell 1000 but cost hundreds of thousands to produce .

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry sir but this information is completely incorrect. It is PERFECTLY legal to do just this. The vehicle is owned by a corporation in another state. That corporation is free to do business in any state. Whether sales prospecting or business transactions. This is demonstrated by corporations like Hertz, Thrifty, Dollar, Avis, etc on a massive scale every day of the year.
The issue with the out of state LLC's what happens when you have a insurance claim and the insurance company
denies the claim as you mis-represented the true use . Mr. Lenhto is also a former M35A2 owner and part of the michigan MV community.

Last edited:

MTVR

The issue with the out of state DBA's what happens when you have a insurance claim and the insurance company
denies the claim as you mis-represented the true use . Mr. Lenhto is also a former M35A2 owner and part of the MV community.

Yup. And Tax fraud too- the offender lives in a state, the vehicle is based in that state, he drives that vehicle on that state's roads, but has not paid any taxes/registration/etc. to that state to do so.

Within the exotic car community, there are folks that have tried it, because the taxes on an expensive car can be a lot of money. Some get away with it...for a while. And many don't.

Some states even have hotlines so that community members can report vehicle tax fraud. In years past, I've even seen people in Vancouver Washington (right next to the Oregon border) register their cars to a post office box right across the border in Portland Oregon, to avoid paying taxes they owe on their regular passenger vehicles.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have done this or have the legal qualifications to claim "PERFECTLY legal".? You don't know what you don't know....and that is a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks