• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP 3 day payment

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im sure GP would love for the approval process to take no time at all...but it's out of there hands. I waited months at GL for any items, faster if I was always buying. I'm sure they have raised the issue at every staff meeting....I've been in Govt for 30yrs...nothing moves fast. Maybe if GP didn't get paid till EUC cleared if that would move things along?...
If GP got paid after EUC cleared I'm sure the the default rate would be much higher . Too many people buying toys with plastic and while waiting for the EUC to clear they see a different toy and max out the plastic , then no money for GP for the 1st toy they bought but didn't pay for.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its in the terms when you bid. If you don't like it, don't bid. Buy somewhere else. Dang it doesn't matter what your interpretation might be, it is the way it is. You can always petition for a special circumstance, and if granted then you could bid with confidence. These types of discussions are so brain draining.....I know, "If you don't want to read it, don't". Its sort of a train wreck type of thing........

Last edited:

springbok

First off, it is a business of supply and demand. This is nothing new and has always been the case with buying from GP. There was talk of a deposit and the rest being paid at time of pickup. Guess that never went anywhere.
I was frustrated when I was waiting forever for my EUC to clear yet still knew going in that it would. The fact that after all this time they have yet to sort this out is not good business.
Simple, want us to sell then do your job a bit faster uncle Sam.
Anyway, in the end we have all agreed to the way things are, like it or not. As long as they are selling GP can do things as they have been, why change.
Bottom line is if you do not like the process, don't buy..

Sintorion

Its in the terms when you bid. If you don't like it, don't bid. Buy somewhere else. Dang it doesn't matter what your interpretation might be, it is the way it is. You can always petition for a special circumstance, and if granted then you could bid with confidence. These types of discussions are so brain draining.....I know, "If you don't want to read it, don't". Its sort of a train wreck type of thing........
MSgt, Not trying to sound like a d!ck, but you obviously don't understand how the govt does business. They have to follow regulations. We aren't in the military any more and governed by the UCMJ. We are free to question the govt and keep them in check. We don't have to subscribe to the "because I said so" world handed down by commanding officer. We can and should hold people accountable that live off our tax dollars. I understand that is different than the world you came from, and if you want to continue to be sheep so be it. Those of us that won't be taken advantage of will continue to work on your behalf.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MSgt, Not trying to sound like a d!ck, but you obviously don't understand how the govt does business. They have to follow regulations. We aren't in the military any more and governed by the UCMJ. We are free to question the govt and keep them in check. We don't have to subscribe to the "because I said so" world handed down by commanding officer. We can and should hold people accountable that live off our tax dollars. I understand that is different than the world you came from, and if you want to continue to be sheep so be it. Those of us that won't be taken advantage of will continue to work on your behalf.
You should probably continue your rant about how GP does business with your congressman , since no one on SS has any ability to change GP's contract with the government . GP has the contract and does business as they see fit compliant to their contract . As has been said many times if you don't like GP down buy from them , just as if someone doesn't like how you run your business they are free to do business elsewhere .

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry but what part of "GP is not the Government" don't you understand? Maybe we need a "tilting at windmills" emoticon.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How DARE you call me a sheep. You don't know me you keyboard warrior. It is GP that has set the terms of payment. Not the government. Don't you ever dare to pretend to speak for me and tell me I have no idea about how the government works. Never ever speak for or about what I do or don't know again. You have NOT earned that right.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't much care for GPs and for that matter GLs business practices. I just stopped buying from them completely. If enough of the folks who complain, did the same, you might have a chance to change things but as long as there is a steady stream of folks with fists full of dollars waiting at the door, things will remain the same or change for the worse.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't much care for GPs and for that matter GLs business practices. I just stopped buying from them completely. If enough of the folks who complain, did the same, you might have a chance to change things but as long as there is a steady stream of folks with fists full of dollars waiting at the door, things will remain the same or change for the worse.
The one thing that could change and improve SS , is admin adding the GP/GL bashing threads to the HWWMV , insurance threads as a banned subject.

Sintorion

IronPlanet did bid on this contract on April 1, 2014 and was awarded on July 25.

here is a list of contracts that are over $7 million.
http://www.defense.gov/News/Contracts
Back on topic now. I still haven't been able to find the contract number. If anyone does, feel free to post.

In terms of the EUC. I wonder if anyone has actually read it.

Here is my view based on reading the EUC and my knowledge of FAR. There are really only two ways this contract could be structured.

1. If GP buys the equipment, they own the equipment. This means that they hold the EUC. They are responsible for the passing the information from the EUC regarding the laws and regulations to the subsequent purchaser/receiver. - This would seem the most logical and would mean that we could pick up the equipment quickly, but the problem is that we are buying the equipment.

2. If we are buying the equipment from the Govt, GP can't assess late fees nor should they be able to accept payment until the contract requirements are met. This should be pretty straight forward following govt regulations. The EUC is part of the bid and not post bid. GP should function similar to any other auction site that they are just providing a means for the transaction. Of course this is speculation since I haven't been able to review the actual contract.

I realize that IP is a commercial business and they have their own terms and conditions. That is fine. They can do whatever they want in the private sector, but in the federal world, they have to follow the rules and regulations.

Sure we could all sit back and accept things the way they are, but we could also sit back and let them raise our taxes. I don't subscribe to that belief. If I am buying something, it shouldn't take 3 months to receive it just because someone says that is the way it is. Your results may vary.

Sintorion

How DARE you call me a sheep. You don't know me you keyboard warrior. It is GP that has set the terms of payment. Not the government. Don't you ever dare to pretend to speak for me and tell me I have no idea about how the government works. Never ever speak for or about what I do or don't know again. You have NOT earned that right.
Haaa. Guys like you are the reason I was only in 6 years. You can't think for yourself. I am sure you were a great airman because you accepted things as written. Just do me a favor when I get action that you are not waiting 3 months for your items, at least say thank you.

Sintorion

The one thing that could change and improve SS , is admin adding the GP/GL bashing threads to the HWWMV , insurance threads as a banned subject.
Not sure anyone is bashing GP or GL. This is an issue with the govt. I am sure both companies would love to have a much smoother process. Wouldn't you?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sintorion
You joined this forum on 8/30/16 and for your first post was to demand contract paperwork from GP.
not the entrance most of us are used to here...there are forums on SS for this topic, this is the HMMWV forum, for questions on HMMWV's, these issues are not specific to any one vehicle.
Time will tell of you are here to contribute to the community or just passing through, but if your here for the long haul...sit back and relax, there are a lot of good folks here with a lot more experience in govt purchasing then maybe half the forum.

2deuce

I agree with "if you don't like it don't buy it", but since they have the contract, which gives them a monopoly, our choices are few. They have not yet become customer friendly, in my experience, and I don't hold out much hope.

When these HMMWV's 1st came out they went for huge money. That calmed down as expected. Now the market is saturated with off road HMMWV's so what's next? If you watched the auctions, they now sell ON road HMMWV's for the big money. It's just a way for the seller to maximum profits. I don't look for the Gov't or GP to do us any favors, although I believe it would be in GP's interest to move vehicles sooner rather than later, waiting and storing can only cut profits. Plus the long wait ties up the buyers money and makes people think twice before they go through this process again.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP is having no problem selling these trucks..very few are relisted. This forum makes up less then 1% of what has been sold. As stated. If you don't like it, don't bid on it. If everyone on this forum stopped buying trucks from GP, I doubt it would have a serious impact. GP is new to this realm, meaning the govt thing. This is just one entity of IP...GP may very well in the future win the other piece that GL still has...if that happens, you will have to buy everything from GP.
good, bad or indifferent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks