• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP bypass?

blazerboy

I have a 85 M1009,if the GP controller card is still good and I just found out it has a napa st85 GP relay.Would it be best to run a wire to do the bypass?Should have been a doctor talking like this.Thanks!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the dreaded ST85!!!!! Run away!!!!

What's wrong with it? If the GP system is funtioning why break it. If it isn't why not follow the tech manauls to find out what wrong?

blazerboy

It was cranking,but not now.This truck came with a push button to start it.I know why now it still had the old starter relay,with some melted wires.Going to fix that,many thanks to doghead.Went to crank it one day and it just made a click.I know there is alot of stuff to check on these MV's.Just wondering, if the controler card is good and the relay,is it best to take the red wire off the relay and run another wire in its place to the resistor.If you do this,does it affect the card?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks