• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP Controler Card Ground

boomer431

Does anyone know where the black wire on the controler card goes to ground at? I was checking the system using the TM's and my resistance reading was not what the TM said it should be. I know this also goes to the temp sensor. By the wiring diagram it also looks like it passes through a connector or two. I was just trying to find out where it ends. Thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It ends at the Negative Terminal Block behind the rear battery.

It travels thru the 6 terminal plug under the dash and then thru the firewall connector and then to the Terminal block.

Sometime you need to take the firewall connector apart and clean the terminals. One bolt on the engine side and wiggle it apart.

GM used some type of grease on the terminals and over the years the terminals junk up. A can of electrical contact cleaner does wonders.

Read the first few pages of the Troubleshooting Section of the TM 9-2320-289-20 or TM 9-2320-289-34 manuals.It explains how to read the wiring diagrams.

Always disconnect the batteries before doing any electrical work.

Last edited:

boomer431

Found the ground wire laying on top of the intake near where the neg cable bolts on. Grounded the wire , 8 new glowplugs, a GP relay, by-passed the resistor and it cranks up like a dream.:p