• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP Spray Painting info on equipment getting out of control.

FloridaAKM

He must be in some capacity, I got my title for the M-1082 today via Fed Ex Express. His name was on it like everything else he helped get straighten out. This one was only 5 weeks instead of five months. Thank you, Sir! Title transfer tomorrow without excess fees I hope.

Guyfang

Staff member
Hmmm

I bet your right about DRMO.
Didnt even think about that.
Now it all makes sense because I've seen first hand how they treat equipment. Not spray paint, but other ways.

I do stand Corrected
DRMO has always spray painted in large letters on equipment I have seen in the yard. Went by the Grafenwoehr DRMO last Friday. Not only were they spraying DRMO in large letters, but the Turn In Document Numbers, (TIDN) on the equipment. They also use vehicles for "Runabouts". Taking care of them is not high on the To Do list. I can not image it being different over there.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I'm not back I am in a Territory Manager role for IP for the time being seeing how this whole RB deal shakes out and where I will land. I just guess I am a glutton for punishment and can't seem to get away from the darn forum when I see stuff posted that isn't correct....

skearns23

I know this thread is a little dated - but I just wanted you to know that we don't use red spray paint. IF we are required to cover any of the military markings for demil purposes - we use tan, black or green. I agree that it would be best to not have to cover anything up and sell them as they are - but we have to meet our requirements for demil. If there is any other colors on there - that was before it became our property. Also, we don't put our notes on the vehicles (exceptions on the windshield RARELY) - those, too, were before we took ownership of the vehicle. Hope that clears up the spray paint issue for you! Sorry you thought we would do that - give us a little credit. We don't want to decrease the value of these units anymore than we are required (for demil).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks