• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP survey

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, what I am talking about is taxes on vehicles. Example: I live in Utah and am a resident, I go to Wyoming and buy a car/truck/semi. I do not pay sales tax on that vehicle in Wyoming because I am NOT a resident. Now when I get back to Utah and go to register the vehicle I now have to pay the sales tax on the purchase price of the vehicle. That is how it has worked for me before. The problem in paying sales taxes when you are not a resident is then you go the register it in your state of residence and may now have to pay sales tax again. This can amount to thousands of dollars that the buyer just got screwed out of. Non vehicle purchases don't matter much as they do not need to be registered and taxed. I am talking about vehicles that require licensing. When I was in the military, when I bought a vehicle in a state I was not a resident of I also did not pay sales taxes. So why is it that a non-resident who wins a bid on a truck in Oklahoma now has to pay the sales tax there THEN pay again when they get into their state of residence and have to pay again at registration?
The only thing I was bringing up is that GL does, and as far as I know, always has, charged sales tax on out of state purchases, vehicle or otherwise.

Despite it being an undue burden on the purchaser, I believe in most cases there is a method for either proving to your state that you paid sales tax on the vehicle and not having to pay it again, getting a refund from the dealer, or having make up the difference upon registering if the tax rates were different.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Customer Service ask for Daron or Kyle.
Ok here's my experience with this. I called yesterday and asked for Daron or Kyle. I was questioned on why I was calling, what my item number was, what my telephone number was (apparently to match up with my account), and told they were both in a meeting that would last about 30 minutes and would return my call. Never happened.

Today I call back and the person answering (I believe she said DaShonda but there was so much background noise coming through I couldn't be sure) didn't know who Daron or Kyle were and asked what department they were in. After I said Customer Service she put me on hold for probably 3 minutes and said Daron wasn't available but that all I had to do was wait until I registered the truck and then send them the information. I told her it had been registered for 2.5 months and asked where to send the information. Again, so much background noise I had to ask her 3 times to give me the address and even spelling it I couldn't tell what she said until the last time.

So here it is, and I'm sorry but feel this is something Jwade could have just passed along versus having everyone go through calling, calling back, and then being told without dealing with anyone specific, just send a copy of your registration to SALESTAX@IRONPLANET.com with your item number in the subject line.

Of course now I have to see if it really worked or go through everything again.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Ok here's my experience with this. I called yesterday and asked for Daron or Kyle. I was questioned on why I was calling, what my item number was, what my telephone number was (apparently to match up with my account), and told they were both in a meeting that would last about 30 minutes and would return my call. Never happened.

Today I call back and the person answering (I believe she said DaShonda but there was so much background noise coming through I couldn't be sure) didn't know who Daron or Kyle were and asked what department they were in. After I said Customer Service she put me on hold for probably 3 minutes and said Daron wasn't available but that all I had to do was wait until I registered the truck and then send them the information. I told her it had been registered for 2.5 months and asked where to send the information. Again, so much background noise I had to ask her 3 times to give me the address and even spelling it I couldn't tell what she said until the last time.

So here it is, and I'm sorry but feel this is something Jwade could have just passed along versus having everyone go through calling, calling back, and then being told without dealing with anyone specific, just send a copy of your registration to SALESTAX@IRONPLANET.com with your item number in the subject line.

I wasn't positive that that email was active or I would have simply said as much. Dashonda is one of our newest CS reps I believe she started this week.

99nouns

I wasn't positive that that email was active or I would have simply said as much. Dashonda is one of our newest CS reps I believe she started this week.
Looks like GP is using Marines tactics for their new employees, put the new guy in-front of the line, he will learn quick when the bullets fly.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've not heard of this email address before. I have to call in constantly to ask for an update on my multiple tax refunds from GP and no one knows anything nor do they call back. Average refunds time is about 8 weeks it seems which is ridiculousness since the money wasn't supposed to be collected anyway.. :soapbox:

BadRobot

Does survey from GP come from invitation only? I bought a couple items from GP and never saw survey before. I would love to provide feedback for GP POC in Cherry Point, NC.

Bikers33

I've not heard of this email address before. I have to call in constantly to ask for an update on my multiple tax refunds from GP and no one knows anything nor do they call back. Average refunds time is about 8 weeks it seems which is ridiculousness since the money wasn't supposed to be collected anyway.. :soapbox:
:deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks