• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP vs GL, which do you like better

Do you prefer GL or GP?

• GL

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • GP

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you like it better when GL was selling rolling stock or do you like how GP is currently doing it.

I haven't heard many good things about GP and SF97s. Not to mention the reserves. But the detailed description can be helpful.

Which do you prefer, sorry if this is a double post.

3dAngus

I dont like GP at all. Always thought GL had it together, considering what they had to go through, and the auction process was much fairer for all.
I have lots of examples but I'm not going to clutter this board up with it.
I hope The Government Contracting Officer does a better job of defining the contract requirements next time, so users will get a better experience in the next contractual award. The scales are tipped in the favor of those who have the time to be in front of a computer in the early morning hours for what GP calls an auction. Mornings are for WORK!

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have had a couple issues with there lot descriptions in the past with GL , but I have to say when it came to the sf-97's GL was always on the ball with me[thumbzup]. So GL has my vote

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My post was completely removed & totally edited.
I guess we can't post personal opinions only
which site we like better.
There is no evidence in the forum software that shows your post was edited anywhere. Perhaps someone with more tech has a way to do this without evidence, I do not.

DRMO was always accomodating for me. No love for either GL or GP.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The only way a post could be done like that is with an Admin account (4 of them here total, 1 is inop), I see nothing in the logs. And as of until now, I had not viewed the thread. The other two admin accounts have not been in this thread either. With that said, I'd like to know more though. I know that users can edit their posts within the first few minutes and it would behave in this manner. I'd provide a copy of the logs, but they include IP address.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The basic gist of it is that the post was not removed and completely edited.

Here is what it looks like if someone, anyone edits the post.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Notice original post time 09:50 and the edit at 10:02 in the post above.

If you see a name in the last edited by section it will tell you that either the OP did it or a mode/admin did it.

In the past I have edited posts purely to correct spelling, remove objectionable language or change a price. The latter is usually requested by the OP.

None of that happened in the case above with 86m1028.

86m1028

I guess I worded it wrong, my post wasn't totally removed.
Post is obviously still there just everything I typed in the reply box was removed & replaced with words I DID NOT TYPE.
With no signs of being edited.

EDIT: This is NOT directed at SWB.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks