• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GPR7 GPR Install

pinbill

Hello-

All of the glow plugs I tested in my M1009 are shot. Have some Wellman 070s on order and have decided to replace the original GPR with a GPR7. Does anyone have information or a pic on the orientation of the wires for this style relay?

Thanks,

Bill

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does a GPR7 look like?

All of your GPs are burnt out most likely from one failing(that causes the rest to go bad), not because of your GP relay. Unless you have confirmed your relay is stuck closed with no power applied, it probably is not your problem.

If your new to this issue, start serching the cucv forums. It's all been covered well.

pinbill

Thanks for the reply,

I am sure new glow plugs will solve my problem but I wanted update my GP system all at once, including a new relay, manual switch, resister by pass, then the new starter relay as per your thread, just need some help with the relay install.
The GPR7 relay is the one that has a silver metal cylinder with four terminals sticking out of it instead of the style that is half black plastic and has the terminals on top. I read that it is a good idea to change it from the stock one even though the old one still works and I could not find a schematic for that style.

Thanks again for your help,

Bill

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks ok, terminals should not matter(big to big, small to small).

Before you install the new relay, take a meter and test it. Test to be sure that it has no continuity between any of the 4 terminals, to the metal mount(base). If there is none, it should be fine.

To further test it, the 2 small terminal should have continuity, and the big ones should not.