• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GPs getting voltage, relay disconnected, also won't start

GFB

The troubleshooting continues. The controller card is bad so I wired a momentary switch to get this thing going after I replaced the radiator. Truck wouldn't start at all, so I started probing around and found that the glow plugs are getting voltage any time the key is in the run position, even with the card removed and both pink/black and blue wires disconnected from the new ST85 relay I installed. How is this happening? Bad relay? I'm unsure of the voltage amount because my multimeter is currently hiding from me, but it's lights up a test light pretty good. I will update after I find the multimeter.

Also, truck turns over fine but won't fire. Its getting voltage on the pink wire going to the injector pump. I'll find a helper and will bleed the fuel line. Any other suggestions? These things are so simple I can't believe I can't get it to run. It ran fine before I tore it apart to fix the radiator. The only other thing I did was replace vacuum lines while waiting on the radiator.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something is very wrong with your truck. If the GP realy was stuck closed, then the GPs would be getting voltage all the time and not just when the key is on.

Did you remove any wires when you removed the radiator or replaced the vacuum lines? Dropped a wrech across something?

Only suggestion I have is to take the diagrams and start from square one and check connection, test circuits and visually verify everything.