• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP's Incompetence Causes me to be Publicly Called a Liar

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a truck from GP early fall of 2015. It didn't have a date stamp on the data plate, so I had to fill out the manual request for title, which I did. They lost it. And the 2nd one. The 3rd one was sent certified with a return receipt. They got that one.

January rolls around and I still don't have a title, so I involve jwade. He tells me 4 weeks or so and I'll have a title.

I've got a buddy who wants the truck. I told him I don't have a title yet, but it shouldn't be much longer. I sold him the truck and delivered it 1000 miles. He paid in full and in cash upon receipt of the truck.

I'm living on a shoestring. I used the $$ to buy a welder which was used for generation of income. Another big chunk of the $$ went towards GF's medical bills, as she lost a kidney during this time.

A couple more months pass. Still no title. I talk to jwade. It turns out they sent the title to an address that was not on the request. They were unable to tell me why. Customer service says they'll send me another if I send another $150. Jwade says they'll send it without me paying again.

More months pass. I call jwade from the buddy's house. They've sent this title to another wrong address.

It's late summer 2016. An Sf97 is received. (I paid for a !&#&# TITLE!!!). I drove 400 miles each way to attempt to transfer with the SF97. OK won't take the SF97 because the SF97 is California and the Letter is TX. GP won't fix the letter.

The SF97 had to be sent back to GP, and this time they issued a title. This is 14 months from time of purchase and initial payment of title fees.

Meanwhile, other truck transfers are proceeding without a glitch.

My buddy doesn't believe that GP is that incompetent, and thinks that I was lying. This is a problem.

My mistake was transferring a truck before I had title in hand, and believing GP when they told me I'd have one. That won't happen again. If they weren't a monopoly, I'd never do business with them again.

I can't substantiate much of this at this point, because it was done by PM and text, and was subsequently dumped when the title was resolved. I only recently became aware that my account of events was doubted.

It's been a ***tty couple of days

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You sure seem to have more than your fair share of crap & hassle thrown at you...and you've always been the nicest guy I know, you literally would hand not only your shirt off your back to ANYONE in need, but anything else that you thought the person in need could use.

That really sucks, but doesn't surprise me. Anyone who has dealt with incorrect and/or missing titles should know that the process will have multiple speed bumps and requires a tremendous amount of personal energy. I once bought a wrecked truck from a local franchise of a national construction/building company...the title was coming from its headquarters in another state, and they managed to screw that up 3 times! It took almost 8 months for me to get the correct title from them.

Glad that you eventually got the correct title; hopefully that mended the fence between you two.

Lust4GreenSteel

You have helped so many people to get more enjoyment out of our hobby. Anyone who would think you were trying to take advantage of them must not know you very well. Chin up. Things WILL get better.

creighton

GovPlanet is somewhat worthless on this stuff. We have had all sort of issues. They answer their phones, but do not follow through very well with follow-up.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
This whole situation was frustrating, I wish I could've gotten it straight a lot quicker... There is a lot of automation that needs to happen. One problem is simply resources the entire IronPlanet family of companies uses the same Tech team and GP is rarely on the front burner. The majority of the individuals trying to make this stuff happen our great people ( I am biased they were my team) they have to many things on there plates and not enough time to do it. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing anytime soon. It seems like everything has been in a holding pattern waiting for the RB acquisition to go through

tobyS

Mr. Wade, if the GP sales are so insignificant or important, why doesn't your company give up the contract and let somebody else take it on that is not too busy? This poor service dealing with the government vehicles would seem to affect your other lines negatively, when it doesn't have to.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. Wade, if the GP sales are so insignificant or important, why doesn't your company give up the contract and let somebody else take it on that is not too busy? This poor service dealing with the government vehicles would seem to affect your other lines negatively, when it doesn't have to.
It will most likely be switch to Ritchie Bros. customer service once the buyout is complete . Companies don't add people or services during buyouts they tend to cut people in reorganization.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This whole situation was frustrating, I wish I could've gotten it straight a lot quicker... There is a lot of automation that needs to happen. One problem is simply resources the entire IronPlanet family of companies uses the same Tech team and GP is rarely on the front burner. The majority of the individuals trying to make this stuff happen our great people ( I am biased they were my team) they have to many things on there plates and not enough time to do it. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing anytime soon. It seems like everything has been in a holding pattern waiting for the RB acquisition to go through
Your reply confirming my account of events is appreciated. Thank you.

creighton

Today is April 12th, 2017... We sent in SF97 Feb 16th for Florida Title. Had heard nothing. I call GP on April 11, and they told me they had submitted to State of Montana for Title, and was mailed on March 2. (Apparently Florida no longer does this). They said it takes a long time for the State to do their job, and would be a few more weeks.

I called the State of Montana on April 11th, the they said the title was mailed back to GP on March 27th, and gave me the address of GP in Tampa Florida. (so they have had the title for about 10 days, yet were telling me to wait a few more weeks for the State of Montana. I pointed this fact out on the call to the Gov Planet employee, and he then sent a text to the Title dept at GP to escalate the procedure and get the title enroute.

Stuff like this is a constant issue with these guys. I agree they should allow competition, so they would either get better at this, or die a slow death.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Nobody said the sales were insignificant in the grand scheme the resources are pulled in many directions. I'm not on here to get in a pissing match just stating facts I'm here on my own time and do not represent GP officially anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks