• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grandkiddies going for a ride in #2 Deuce

hmburner

Last Monday I took the girfriends grand kids out for a spin in my other duece.Hope thinks its way to loud and Cole thinks its cool.This is the duece that sat 15 years or better stuck in the mud,motor has rebuild tag on it from 84 but fuel pump refuses to run,hence the snazzy fuel tank on the front bumper

Attachments

ojsdna744

Sweet! My kids love riding in my deuce as long as the ride is under an hour or so! After that?............well, I guess the "cool factor" dies off!

pa.rich

After my daughters wedding was over, we had a family get together. The nieces and nephews and the rest of the fam wanted to look at the trucks, next thig you know they are in them and trying to figure how to fire it up. They didnt know I had the batteries disconnected! They wanted to take a ride. O.K! there they are hanging on the back of the cab as the five tonner went up and down hills and all over the property. Even my handicapped niece got a ride! Uncle Rich was very happy accomodating them. :D A video was taken but dont know how to post it. Anyone help with that?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck isn't a looker, but I've found that the more beat up a vehicle is, the more fun it is to ride in it!

nattieleather

When I had my M211 my son was 14 or 15 years old. He would go with me on trips and would fall alseep every time. I got really good at "swerving" to miss something and bouncing his head off of the passingers door.... :)

I miss that truck...:)

KaiserM109

I love GI ingenuity!! It was things like the “the snazzy fuel tank on the front bumper” that got the grunts through lots of bad situations. It goes well with that truck. I hope you keep the old beast rolling. My advice, if you don’t mind, if you can’t do body work, at least scrape, sand or blast the rust down to metal and paint it over.

We have hosted exchange students from several European countries and Australia and there really is a difference in the way we ‘Yanks’ solve problems. That is why the US was the first (and only) nation to walk on the moon. Those rocket scientists solved problems as they came to them with whatever was handy. The scene in The Right Stuff where they improvised a hookup to the CO2 scrubber showed that kind of thinking. Maybe it comes from our pioneer forefathers who found themselves in the wilderness with none of the traditional solutions available.

My adventure begins in a week. I got my EUC for my M109A3 (deuce with a box) Friday. I am making plans to go to Ft. Riley and drive it home to Denver, 500 miles. My son, who is a partner in the deuce, grew up fetching bolts and wrenches that I dropped through the engine compartment. Now my grandkids will get to do it too, just as soon as they get a bit bigger.

hmburner

This is my #2 duece i bought for parts and then decided it was too nice to wreck. I only got it running because it is currently for sale.If it doesnt sell,I may fix it up to be useful where i work .......snowplow,mobile crane etc. All i bought it for was the spare tire carrier which is bent on my other duece(twin to this one but looks better) I had a scout troop interested in it but i think they dont like the fuel milage it gets. If anyone wants it I would be willing to trade, barter or take cash for it. I work for a scrapyard so its price fluctuates monthly according to the price of scrap.......dont worry,i really dont want to cut it up and i have lots of room to store it in
Bill

KaiserM109

Recently a 1954 M220 shop van went up for auction that was in a naval yard southeast of Washington DC. All glass and sheet metal was pristine. I almost came to tears because I couldn't find an economic way to get it from there to here. The lowest bid was $7800 because, being 11 ft. tall, it had to be hauled on a lowboy trailer. I didn't bid on it and it sold for $630.

I’d like to say that I’d buy yours to keep it away from the cutting torch, but you’re a little farther than the one in DC was, so the outcome would be almost the same, although your truck could be hauled on a regular truck. I believe there was a posting from another Canadian who was having difficulty buying surplus military equipment from the US because of import restrictions. Wouldn’t that make your truck a little more valuable to a Canadian?

I just got my EUC on an M109A3 and will go to Ft. Riley in a week to drive it back. I would still like to have one of the old ‘bull nosed’ deuces because they’re so ugly, but I don’t even have a place to keep the one I just bought.

hmburner

I just got this months scrap prices and the duece is down to being worth $ 1410. This is based on it weighing in at #13000 and minus #1000 for tires. Foundry scrap(2ft and under ) just dipped to 235 a ton ,so i think it will be awhile before i cut up the old duece for scrap. The duece that sold in DC would have made someone that lived handy a quick buck just in scrap since US rates are always higher

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks