• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grass Lake, MI Heritage Day Festival - 9/6/2014

paradeduty

Just thought I would put this event out there if anyone is in the area and is looking for a "cruise destination".

The Great Lakes MVPA had this on their calendar, and so I made a few calls and this is the deal........

The Village of Grass Lake, MI has their Heritage Day Festival every year one week after Labor Day (this year 9/6/14) and this year they are gathering support and interest in a new museum which is to house, along with some other cool stuff, a Military History Museum. The organizers have inquired as to if there were any MV owners who would be interested in bringing their vehicle(s) down for a static display at the Festival.

This one is very close to my home base, so I am pretty sure that the wife and I will be burning some diesel and take a truck. I hear that there is already about 6 trucks coming and the weather seems to be looking pretty good so far for Saturday.

The person to contact is Scott at 517-522-2042 (really nice guy), but he said that we could just bring whatever and he would make sure there was room! Show is from 10 to 4.

P.S. - Grass Lake is a nice little town between Chelsea and Jackson, south of I-94, basically along Michigan Ave.

Dave

paradeduty

Anyone thinking about making it to this one with us? We are definitely bringing the Oshkosh LVS MK48A1/15A1. As time permits, we will see about bringing the Oshkosh M1070 HET and then lastly the Oshkosh M1074 PLS. I have an emergency electrical service call at 5:00am about an hour away tomorrow morning. Should not take long - probably more time in driving there and back home - but we will have to see how kind the clock is to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks