• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grass Lake, MI Heritage Day Festival - 9/6/2014

paradeduty

Just thought I would put this event out there if anyone is in the area and is looking for a "cruise destination".

The Great Lakes MVPA had this on their calendar, and so I made a few calls and this is the deal........

The Village of Grass Lake, MI has their Heritage Day Festival every year one week after Labor Day (this year 9/6/14) and this year they are gathering support and interest in a new museum which is to house, along with some other cool stuff, a Military History Museum. The organizers have inquired as to if there were any MV owners who would be interested in bringing their vehicle(s) down for a static display at the Festival.

This one is very close to my home base, so I am pretty sure that the wife and I will be burning some diesel and take a truck. I hear that there is already about 6 trucks coming and the weather seems to be looking pretty good so far for Saturday.

The person to contact is Scott at 517-522-2042 (really nice guy), but he said that we could just bring whatever and he would make sure there was room! Show is from 10 to 4.

P.S. - Grass Lake is a nice little town between Chelsea and Jackson, south of I-94, basically along Michigan Ave.

Dave

paradeduty

Anyone thinking about making it to this one with us? We are definitely bringing the Oshkosh LVS MK48A1/15A1. As time permits, we will see about bringing the Oshkosh M1070 HET and then lastly the Oshkosh M1074 PLS. I have an emergency electrical service call at 5:00am about an hour away tomorrow morning. Should not take long - probably more time in driving there and back home - but we will have to see how kind the clock is to me.