• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally, September 1-5, 2016

CGarbee

For those of you interested in the Range...
Mike, SCSG-G4, is my Range Officer.
He will most likely be using the site that he used last year (neighboring farm at the base of the mountain next to an orchard...), and will be using the same rules as last year (with perhaps a few updates).
The site is pistol, shotgun, and rifle friendly... Open air, shooting toward an embankment...

The locals use it to sight in their rifles before deer and bear seasons...

Remember that the event is a trail ride and rally with the opportunity to shoot.
If you have any particular questions or concerns, let Mike or I know and we'll get back with an answer.

THANKS!

Last edited:

CGarbee

Since he seems to have forgotten to post here..
Maddawg308 said that he'd bring five or so of the geared wrenches (lug nut) that he has listed for sale in the classifieds.
He can't make it for the entire event, but said that he'd be there Saturday, maybe Sunday as well.

King

There is no need to arrive without a MV. There is a good chance that Ill have exactly what you want and I am just up the road in Warrenton...actually a little stretch of US 29 southbound called New Baltimore.
What day are you heading out? I may be heading down Thursday evening after work from New Baltimore (North of 29 off Old Bust head rd), if you are interested in mini-motorcade.

conny

I'll be there Thursday morning. I have a lot to set up. I don't camp anymore. I "glamp". You know, air conditioning/heat, lights, freezer, hot water sink, stove, etc...Got to get my kitchen up and running.

ross165123

I might try and make a day trip up there to meet some of you guys but I don't think I'll be able to bring the m818, leaking from the transfer case and rear differential pinion.

Ford Mechanic

What kind of Temps do ya'll expect during the event? I just saw that generators had to be shut down at night:-( don't want to be burning up in the camper of a night:burn:

conny

As for someone who has lived in Va. 98% of his life, I can say that September days will be moderate (not scorcher) and nights cool.

CGarbee

Hey Garbee want those targets that I brought to Denton for the shoot?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I said yes...but I have been informed by my Range Officer that they would be inappropriate for the geometry of the range that we will be using...
So, save them for next year at Denton... :)

{That's why I have good people like Mike SCSG-G4 helping me...it keeps me out of trouble...}

Last edited:

CGarbee

I just saw that generators had to be shut down at night
The camping field is big... As long as you don't keep anyone from being able to sleep, you can run a genset at night.
If you bring something that is loud (say, one of the MEP-016A gas units) and camp near me, you're going to have to shut it down...
If you bring something quiet (a unit with ASK or a Honda inverter, for instance) you could run it at night, especially if you have some distance between yourself and folks who are in tents... :)

Past history would lead one to expect to need a light blanket at night and not A/C, but YMMV...

One thing about Graves Mountain is that due to a lack of development in the area, it gets dark and quiet at night...

Last edited:

Al Harvey

Well the better half can't make this trip and my brother is heading to Bulgaria with the guard during the rally. But I'm trying to recruit another B driver right now and plan on making it for the first time this year. If I can't find a B driver, is there anyone who can be "conned" into assisting putting up a framed tent???

Ford Mechanic

Well the better half can't make this trip and my brother is heading to Bulgaria with the guard during the rally. But I'm trying to recruit another B driver right now and plan on making it for the first time this year. If I can't find a B driver, is there anyone who can be "conned" into assisting putting up a framed tent???
I'll help. Never done it before, but how hard can it be!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks