• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally, September 1-5, 2016

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a Hawken?
TC Renegade .54, shooting patched round balls on top of 80-100 grains Pyrodex. Nice comfortable load. I'm an iron sights shooter and load by feel. I have been scoffed at by the centerfire primed and scoped-200+ grain guys, but I also tend to hit what I'm aiming at and don't need a spotting scope to locate my target :) .

Bulldogger

Last edited:

Another Ahab

TC Renegade .54, shooting patched round balls on top of 80-100 grains Pyrodex. Nice comfortable load. I'm an iron sights shooter and load by feel. I have bene scoffed at by the centerfire primed and scoped-200+ grain guys, but I also tend to hit what I'm aiming at and don't need a spotting scope to locate my target .

Bulldogger
You go, Brother; that's great! [thumbzup]

Ford Mechanic

Hey guys is there anywhere up there to buy things like camper toilet paper, holding tank Chem, etc... we're running low and wondering if a Wally world trip needs to happen tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a country store right there but obviously a slight premium on price and small selection. But they should carry what you need.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also a Wally World in Ruckersville about 10 miles north of Charlottesville on US-29, left hand side of the road as you are going north and at a fairly large intersection. We will be stopping there to pick up some supplies that don't travel well (from past experience).

Ford Mechanic

We ended up borrowing a couple supplies from my brother's camper. I didn't remember that we were low last time out. We might head that way one day while we're up there.

Another Ahab

There is also a Wally World in Ruckersville about 10 miles north of Charlottesville on US-29, left hand side of the road as you are going north and at a fairly large intersection. We will be stopping there to pick up some supplies that don't travel well (from past experience).
You bet, I know the one; right next door to the Lowe's. How far from Graves Mountain is the ride from there (+/-)?

Ford Mechanic

Finally home! We had a great time! Everyone should come next year! Thanks to Garbee for putting the event on!

The trip home was a little stressful, Amber's brakes and trans overheated in Charlottesville in the traffic. Luckily she caught it before it boiled over or caused a problem. Then my 923 blew a Pinion seal somewhere before Suffolk.

I hope everyone else's trip home was a little less exciting!

Another Ahab

New artwork on my bumper from catching a falling m37
TheeDIZ has that artwork going on his rig, too, I think. Is that a club you all belong to or something?!

And thanks for all the pics. That looked like a fine event!

Is that a lake in the background?

rigs.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks