• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain Rally (Virginia), Labor Day Weekend 2020

CGarbee

For those of you who like to plan ahead...
The dates for the 2020 event will be September 3-7, 2020 (Thursday before Labor Day through Labor Day Monday).
We will do some trail clearing and fireworks watching on the 4th of July weekend...and some other weekends to be announced.

Hopefully, I will get the website updated this weekend.
Folks who can give us four days of trail clearing earn a special "Trail Crew" T-shirt and other appreciation/recognition...

T-shirt info to be posted once we come up with a design (send me your ideas....).

Hope to see a bunch of you this fall (and earlier during the trail maintenance weekends/previews....).

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone give me the name of the member who comes with the Gama Goat who lives in Culpeper Va?? I have been to his farm and my brain is not working.

CGarbee

Good news!

The folks at Graves Mountain have reopened the campground and the cabins and motel units. They have not opened up the restaurant yet, but they do have food at the Syria Mercantile (including specials that are normally not available…).

So, we are still planning on having the event over the Labor Day Weekend.

We will be having a Trail Maintenance Weekend during the 4th of July Weekend (it’s also a chance to preview the trails and to earn you “Trail Crew” membership… More info about that as we get closer to that weekend....

I am working on the website updates this weekend… :)

CGarbee

Speaking of websites...
The Graves family has updated their website.
Check it out for information about the event location and what they are doing in the evolving world that we live in today (Covid19 updates).

For those that want to skip to some of the Really Good News...

This year we brought in High Speed Fiber Optic Internet at Main Lodge as well as at the Hilltop and Ridgecrest Motels.
You’ll also notice an increase in WiFi speed at the Syria Mercantile and at various locations on the Lodge Grounds.

Otherwise, we are still Tech Limited with no cell except via Internet (or you can go up on top of the mountains and look for the signs indicating cell reception).

TV in Main Lodge and Hilltop Motel Only

CGarbee

I just uploaded the registration form to the website.
Don't be alarmed to see the filename has 2018 in it when you make the download from the event website... It was easier to name the 2020 file as the 2018 one then to find and update the line in the webpage script..
The version posted here is the same except for the file name...

Attachments

CGarbee

A few of us got together last weekend to check on the trails...
Only managed to cover a third of them (heavy rain during the night on Friday made Saturday a bit sloppy...
Had to cut a few trees... Left the light trimming until closer to the event.

We will have a work weekend/trail preview early July (coinciding with a 4th of July party for those who come and help ). More info on that soon as I get some details nailed down.

CGarbee

I noticed that we still have the frequencies for the rally listed on the whiteboard from the HQ/Registration tent (spotted it in the supply trailer this past weekend).
So, for those who are interested:
CB: 4
VHF: 40.00MHz
GMRS: 15,0 (no privacy)

CGarbee

I just heard that the Madison County Fireworks Display held on the 4th of July at Graves Mountain Lodge has been approved.

This means that any of you planning on joining us for the July trail maintenance weekend will, once again, be able to enjoy the festivities at the Lodge.

As soon as they know what restrictions will be in place for July 4th, they will make a decision on what activities (band, food at the pavilion, face painting, pony and horseback rides, etc.) and I'll update this announcement. They do know that the Madison County Volunteer Fire Co. will be parking cars and accepting donations--a very important fundraiser for the Fire Co that supports the Lodge festivals...

CGarbee

Since I mentioned it in the post above:
We will be having a work weekend (trail clearing/trail preview) during the days leading up to the 4th of July. We will also have a event preparation weekend shortly before the event. Individuals who can join us for four combined complete days of volunteer labor during either of these work weekends will receive a TRAIL CREW shirt and other recognition at the Trailrides and Rally. You must register with me in advance for the work weekends so that we can coordinate volunteers and ensure that everyone is provided an opportunity to work and earn their Trail Crew membership.

CGarbee

GREAT NEWS

Graves Mountain Lodge Restaurant is Reopening for Weekend Meals beginning Friday, June 19, 2020.

Serving Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast & Dinner and Sunday Breakfast & Lunch!

You can call to make your reservation 540-923-4231, or, BMann can radio the Lodge office from the HQ/Registration tent during the event.

Hopefully, we'll have them open for the entire time that we are having the rally (Thursday and Monday) if they are not fully back to normal.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to attending this year! Working hard to have an MV by the rally dates so I can actually offroad this time around!

Might be able to do some trail clearing on July 4th weekend, I'll PM you if things work out at my job to allow me the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks