• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain Rally (Virginia), Labor Day Weekend 2021

CGarbee

Don't forget that the folks at Circle B Stables at Graves Mountain are happy to put you or a family member on a single horsepower, four hoofed, oat burning, trail runner if you get tired of riding a MV or Jeep... :)

They've also been known to work deals with experienced equestrians so that you don't have to haul your horse up so that you can bring the MV or Jeep instead...

CGarbee

Don't forget to get your registrations to me soon...
That way you can enjoy the early registration discount and I can have a more accurate count for planning purposes...

Thanks!

CGarbee

To answer some questions that I also answered via private messages...
On-Site registration is at the HQ/Registration Tent in the middle of the main event field. Chuck will happily register you for the entire event of for a day or two...

The HQ Tent is the line up location for the organized trail rides and for Saturday's Truck Games.

Chuck will have the event t-shirts for sale. He will also have a selection of items on consignment and/or will be able to point you in the direction of the seller for items left in his care... or who has what on their trucks...

We do have an area where we shoot (the "range") that is staffed by a pair of volunteers who are certified range masters. You are welcome to bring rifles and handguns. Please remember that the focus of the event is on the vehicles and fellowship and that the two gentlemen running the range are volunteers attending the event...

Hope to see a bunch of you soon,
Cabell

CGarbee

The event is getting closer and closer... :)
Pre-Registrations are almost the same as last year, so we should have a nice groups heading out on the trails and hanging around the field, farm, Lodge, orchards, county roads...

CGarbee

Since we are getting close...
Remember that we don't have cell reception unless you are top of the mountain or go down the road five or ten miles (depending on direction).
We do have decent WIFI so you can access the internet (and place calls if you have set up your phone to use WIFI...). Chuck will have the password.

The nearest gas station is in Madison...about twelve miles away...
Please gas up on your way in (aka, get gas before you leave the four lane).

The Lodge now updated their kitchen and has expanded hours for meals as well as the menu options. Reservations are highly suggested and can be made in the Lodge office and/or by having Chuck radio the office....
The Syria Merchantile has expanded the deli section while still having a good selection of "county store" stuff...
There are a few new brewpubs and wineries nearby...

Looking forward to seeing folks next week!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, looks like due to circumstances outside of my direct control, I will NOT have my new CUCV there at the Graves rally this time around, but my daughter and I will still be there, thumbs out waiting for a couple spare seats for the trail rides again. I really wanted to be under my own power, but the truck isn't quite back home yet from its former home and I don't know exactly when it will be. But, love to see the folks again, and enjoy some good company and BBQ as well. Be there Saturday morning...

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, looks like due to circumstances outside of my direct control, I will NOT have my new CUCV there at the Graves rally this time around, but my daughter and I will still be there, thumbs out waiting for a couple spare seats for the trail rides again. I really wanted to be under my own power, but the truck isn't quite back home yet from its former home and I don't know exactly when it will be. But, love to see the folks again, and enjoy some good company and BBQ as well. Be there Saturday morning...
Sorry to hear your CUCV won't get to make it. I've always got some troop seats open you know you're welcome to. Done lots of work to the m37 in the last few weeks, all new wiring, new seats, cab top, all new brake cylinders. She's not going to know how to act lol.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a great time, as usual, at Graves this year with the little one and the fur baby. Weather was beautiful on Saturday. Cabell's BBQ was on-point as always! Trail ride was fun, never been on that trail before, pretty hairy! Anyways, took a few pictures of the day and the vehicles there, hope to see everyone again next year!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics....

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First two are going out on a trail ride with the two folks in the back of the Gamma Goat being non-rally folks that were offered a ride. Next three are part of the 'truck games' and the last three are at the Pavilion for the Saturday night BBQ feast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks