• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grease and oil in the bell housing

DUECE-COUPE

pulled the starer and a bunch of grease and oil cam out and has filled the bell housing. What causes it and how hard is it to fix? will it affect the operation of the truck?? should i bother fixing it or leave it alone.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could have just a very small leak and with the plug in it just built up over time. The plug should remain out unless you are going through deep water.

It can affect the operation of the truck if any of the grease and oil gets on the clutch. I'd try to clean it out the best I could without pulling the trans.

I'd clean it out, leave the plug out, check all my fluid levels, and run it for awhile to see if you've got a leak. If you overfill the trans it will leak into the bellhousing. It could be that somebody overfilled the trans in the past and the oil didn't have anywhere to go because the plug was in place.

ARDUECE

make sure the tranny is not coming loose from the bellhousing. i developed a leak on mine and in researching it(crawling underneath) i discovered the tranny was a bit loose. the 5 bolts that hold it to the bellhousing had worked loose somehow. the 5 bolts install thru the bellhousing into the tranny. they penetrate the transmission meaning when you take one out the gearoil will pour out. this might be your issue. gearoil could be seeping around one or all of the bolts. not a real big deal to fix.

jbeachmba

Is it possible for engin oil to get into the flywheel housing?

I have what looks like motor oil coming out of the drain of the fly wheel housing.

If it is possible what could be the possible causes to this?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks