• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grease question

Victorkilo31

Trying to find a good or equivalent grease I can use as a short term solution to the milspec grease for my m998. I'll be getting some of the correct grease as budget permits, but I'd like to know if anyone knows of a type and brand I could get at local parts store in the mean time. I've been looking and searching, but haven't come across anything to helpful in response to my question.
I'm aware I need the right stuff, but if I can find something acceptable, thats local that'll work as well untill i can get an order in for the correct grease, I'll be satisfied. But being I'm way up here, truck is gonna need a good washing and don't wanna leave it ungreased afterwards, especially with the weather starting to change here. Thanks for the help

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume this is for the chassis and front end stuff.

I do not recommend the OE military GAA peanut butter old school lithium stuff. Grease technology has come a long long way. Any modern red, blue, or green multi purpose water resistant grease will do the trick and stand up much better than 20-30 year old stuff and out dated technology. No one uses that stuff anymore. Lucas, Valvoline, Mobil etc make good cartridges. I typically use Valvoline products.

Last edited:

Victorkilo31

Yeah it's for that stuff. I figured it's something I should have had but wasn't thinking about it till this morning. I'll check and see what my shops have and pick something up. Thanks for the info

dmetalmiki

All my trucks get molly greased, And there is some added to axles, transfer cases, gearboxes, and engines. I was (am in fact) in the process of rebuilding a replacement transfer case for my M54A2 as it was clunking and knocking..Or, was it the gearbox?..or the engine?...Molly all round and now NO clunks or knocks. Everything is quieter and performance (has) definitely improved slightly.

snowtrac nome

you do not want to mix molly grease with lithium also do not use where it calls for lithium this is per the grease manufactures recommendations. mixing or using molly in the wrong places can actually cause friction

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks