• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great advice

BryanSimon

On my previous thread "Will a M818 pull a M172" I received some great advice from several of y'all. I've been window shopping trucks.com and other places and found that I can get a really great used civilian tractor with a 70" sleeper for a really reasonable amount of cash. I'm talking newer models like 2001s. So maybe my trucking company won't be military based. I'm gonna have to think up a new name - "Eighty Eight Mikes" won't cut it now dang it. Such a great name too.

I still have the jones for MVs, especially 5-ton and up, so maybe I could still hang with you guys?

Thanks,
Bryan

JohnnyReb

Well, I don't pretend to speak for anyone but myself; however, I think the appreciation for MV's is what qualifies one for membership here. Some members have sold their only MV and stayed in touch; others are still looking and learning....
I hang out here because: I love my MV, I depend on these fella's for help and advice on the hobby, and last but not least, these are a great bunch of guys..... :cry: (OK, so the holidays get to me....)

BryanSimon

Yeah, that was pretty sappy ;) good stuff, fun times. CORRECTION: the website I was looking at was truckER.com NOT trucks.com <--- ATTENTION TO DETAIL LADIES.

M35guy

You should stick with the eighty eight mikes name, it has a catchy ring to it.

I call my company Lawn Masters, its not the most unique name out there, but it has a great ring to it, and people like it.

To be a member here, I guess you could say we just have to appreciate the MVs for their coolness. nothing catches a mans eye like a 16000 pound miltary rig can. come to think of it, I LOVE the cool factor of the deuce. theres very little I wouldnt be able to do with one, its like having a Ford F350 with a 7.3L diesel and 4x4 with a C6 behind it, but a million times cooler and more useful.