• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great m1009 out of Barstow

hitcb

I'll ask like I would ask one of my delivery drivers at work...

What do you mean you lost a ramp? As in you left it at the site or it fell off while driving down the road and I'm going to be getting a phone call from someone who ran it over?
I have the same exact trailer bought it from united rentals what probably happened is you slid the trailer on a incline/ decline from a parking lot a tiny bit grabbing the ramps up from under the trailer. United rentals doesn't have a real good means of securing them to the trailer. These trailers are junk, was towing a bobcat one time and the whole wheel and hub assembly came off on the freeway how that happened i have no idea.

skark_burmer

Well now i have to decide what to do.... Any suggestions on what to do...

Buy a rashed 1008 and do an axle swap. Put the D60 and 14b under the blazer, then sell the truck with the 10 bolt junk on it and recoup some of your cost.

In the end you will have a stout blazer, easy swap, and it wouldn't have cost you very much.

Last edited:

skark_burmer

Im in San Jose, whenever either of my EUC's come through you can come over and make fun of me when i make the swap. My blazer has fancy civvy paint though.

One EUC went to BC 10/20
Other EUC went to BC 11/9

Still waiting on both.

tymbom

It can't be any farther south than it would be for me... I live north of Yreka.:p
I might be moving back down there soon though.

fal_shooter

I want a M1009 next. I got a M1008 about 6 months ago and I am hooked. If you don't mind my asking what did you get it for? I am trying to come up with some idea of the average cost on these so I can set aside some money for the project.

M1009 Fiend

About 1800 with tax and what not. But the previous one that i have looked at/ bid on have gone for $3000 plus, its all about when and how one bid and if GL says the m1009 is running or not.

Good luck they are awesome trucks and i think im going to keep mine for a long time.

M1009 Fiend

I have never heard of it but after a quick search on google, sound fun and a good idea. But i probably wont have my m1009 registered till Dec or later. But i do have quads and dirt bikes so im in.

Wile E. Coyote

I've had the same one as my daily driver for coming up on nine years now and they're great, providing you keep an eye on the tightness of the starter mounting bolts (at least every time you do an oil change) and sort the glow plug system out in early days (I've had a manual setup in mine for the last five or so years and have had zip glow plug problems.)

After nearly nine years I can't keep oil in mine anymore (it leaks out of just about everywhere) and like everything Chevy - whatever you touch with your hand is either completely worn out or next to completely worn out -- but for a truck that served the military since 1985 and then went on to a very busy civilian afterlife -- I have no complaints whatsoever over something like 300,000 miles on the same engine and transmission.

(I have a low-miles HMMWV takeout engine that's going to replace the tired CUCV one shortly, then I'll box up the CUCV one and rebuild it at my leisure for maybe another 300,000 :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks